Good Morning!

Not sure if this site is still active, but its a great place for inspiration!

Week 1 Day 1 starts today.

I'm just back from a 3 mile walk before I go to work, took me roughly 46mins. I weighed myself before I jumped into the shower, which I will do the same time each Monday, weight is 15st 3lb. I'm a 31 year old male, roughly 5'11.

I will be doing this walk most mornings and hopefully most evenings. I also attend spin class on a Tues and Thurs ( 30mins per class), and an hour of football on Thurs evening. I work as a postman, 80% driving(in/out each stop), and 20% walking.

I'm pretty active and have never felt better ( quit smoking two years ago!), but cannot shift the weight, which is down to my diet. I overindulge on the biscuits, buns etc. I have started to eat healthily the past week in prep for today, so here goes!

15 Replies

• Morning Matt, this is a very active site, and a very supportive one. I'm sure someone will be along in a bit and post you some useful links as I'm not sure how to! Welcome and good luck! ☀️

• Thanks for the reply! Glad it's still active :) :)

• Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have planned well and looking at your activity levels I am sure you will hit succeed in hitting target. Just clear out the biscuits and unhealthy snacks from your food cupboard and replace them with healthy alternatives. You will find lots of support and good ideas on this site, have a great week :-)

• Thank you! Yes, the evenings when the kids are in bed and I sit down at the computer etc thats when the cravings for biscuits start! But I think I will replace my time at the computer with another brisk walk before bed!

• HI Matt,

A very warm welcome to the forum - it is indeed still active, and one of our forum members (a lovely woman called Moreless) has put together a 'Welcome Newbie' pack, which is worth a look at, as it lists a lot of things that various members enjoy about the forum currently:

We do have a regular Monday group weigh-in, and the link to that is in the 'Events' section - situated on the right-hand-side of the 'home page' - so if you would like to join in with a group weigh-in, then that is the place. But some people prefer to do their own individual weigh-in posts, and so there are lots of options - whatever works best for you.

Hope you'll enjoy being part of the forum.

Lowcal :-)

• Thank you!

Thanks also for the link!

I'll have a read now, I'm on my break, Porridge for breakfast ( without milk) :)

• Fantastic, enjoy your porridge I usually have porridge too, but I have usually been having semi-skimmed milk with mine - I am hoping to try it with water later this week, as many people have told me it doesn't taste that different, so I want to check that out. :-)

p.s. Here's a link to today's Monday group weigh-in as well:

• Yip they are correct, to me it tastes the same. And a 40g serving is only 150kcal!

• In my switch from low fat to lchf I read the sugar content of milk. Semi-skimmed is higher than whole milk or 1% fat. I was thinking of a gradual transition, but made the leap instead!

• Hello.

have you read the round the world thread. These people are seriously active.

• Hi and welcome Matt :)

You've been given the welcome pack by Lowcal, but I'm going to be a little bit pushier and give you the link to our Around the World challenge, mentioned by Aqua :)

We'd love you to join us :)

• Awesome, I'll get a read through it after work today and see what it's all about. This forum is great!

• Fantastic! :)

This forum is the best thing since sliced bread! :D

• Sliced brown bread I hope! :)

• Wholemeal! :D

You may also like...