Hello

Hello, I am new on here and thought I would share my story.

I was sent to a local group run by the NHS after surgery on an arthritic ankle, weight 13 and a half stone, height 5'1"

The plan is a calorie counted one, and yay! Includes plenty bread and pasta ! in fact, when I first saw the plan I did not believe I would lose weight eating the way that was suggested. Six months later I now weigh 11st 6 lbs, and can walk further and feel so much better. I concentrate on what I CAN eat and try not to dwell on the things that I cannot eat too much of . . . Having carbs thoughout the day has all but stopped my mid-afternoon sweet craving, and saving something to eat at 9pm helps too.

Getting back into the swing after Christmas has been difficult, ( I managed to maintain my weight and not gain ) but I still need to lose two stone 😕 Anyway, I found this site and everyone seems very encouraging, 😊 My weight loss very slow at the moment, (6 lbs since 4 December) but it's a long term plan for me, I am wearing clothes two sizes smaller and concentrating on improving my fitness, which is difficult as I can't walk far due to the arthritis.

Thank you everyone 😊😞

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome Anna :)

Well done for managing to achieve what you have so far :)

I'm giving you the link to our newbies thread, as it's full of lots of tips

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

The monday group weigh-in is happening now and we'd love you to join us

Should you need any motivation for gentle exercise (swimming)

I hope you'll be very happy here with us :)

• Have you considered swimming as a form of exercise? Glad you have been so successful in losing that 2 stone already - well done!

• Hello 😊 Yes, I swim when I can but its 12 miles to the nearest pool ! We live by the sea so I try to walk everyday but not too far, I also have a mini cycle machine I really like, and a few living room exercises 😊 Losing weight has really helped 😊

You may also like...