Thinking of giving up the forum

After trying to get on here for over an hour, and when succeeding being thwarted as I try to post my kilometres for ATWI80D. ( 16km for Tuesday if you are reading this lizzie/moreless), I am getting frustrated beyond belief. Nothing seems to be changing, the powers that be are not very powerful it would seem. The ARTWI80D thread is particularly difficult to stay on, possibly because it is popular and lots are trying to post? I don't know, but it is what it is. I am just getting to the point where I feel that the constant irritation when trying in vain to get on and stay on the forum is just not worth it. Not knowing if what you are typing is going to 'submit' until the orange box just fades and does beggar all, the page just disappears with an oops, and whatever else gremlins are at work - well it's just so darn 'aaarrgh'. Good luck everyone, this may be my last post if I continue to feel this frustrated. 😠

20 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Shellie, don't give up!!

I'm having exactly the same problems and was unsure whether it was just me, or the site in general.

Now that I know it's the site, I shall go to the help site and email them my problems and I suggest you and anyone else reading this and experiencing difficulties, do the same.

Please, please, please, don't go. We need you and want you to stay. This will be sorted!! :)

PS I've now sent off my email to the IT team and hope to hear back from them asap :)

Hope you're hanging on in there Shellie :)

• I have tried to get it sorted moreless, to no avail. I am logging on in a happy frame of mind, after frequent failed attempts I am left feeling rather 'miffed' to be polite!!! It seems to take forever to get on and once on just not knowing for how long or what is going to go wrong next. Really fed up 😕

• I don't blame you Shellie, but I'm hoping that by bombarding them with emails, it'll make them get their fingers out and get it sorted!!

We must stick together! :)

• Believe it or not, when I edited my first reply, it wouldn't work and the only way to get out of the page, was to reboot the whole site. When I got back in, the editing was there! Go figure! :o

• I forgot to say, I've made a note of your 16K's - woohoo! What a great number :)

Hope you're still with us ;)

• Don't give up. Please

• Hi Shellie,

It has taken me several attempts just to read your message!

I was trying all evening last night (well not all but you know what I mean) to respond to someone in the Monday weigh in thread and ended up giving up.

It is frustrating but I do find these blips less frequent. I'd hate you to leave us and hopefully the powers that be will get it sorted!

• Hi Sueper,

I doubt whether anyone on the IT team ever reads our posts, so my thinking is, that if everyone who's ever experienced a problem emails them, they'll get so p****d off, that they'll get off their backsides and do something :D

So, pretty please, would you too? ;)

• Hi Shellie,

Hang on in there honeybun, I know you've been having problems posting for a while.

I'll for one will miss your humour,recipes, Alfie and you!! 😃

😇

• Flossie, did you get all your glitches sorted?

• Hi again Shellie, the IT team have got back to me, asking me to do all sorts of technical stuff that I don't understand in the slightest :D

I've asked for instructions on how to do them and will keep you posted :)

Did they do the same with you?

Keep the faith Shellie, I will get this sorted for you, or die trying ;)

• Try copying your text, to a document if necessary.

• Hi Shellie,

I hope they can help sort the problem out so you stay - I would feel sad if you leave! Hope you stay! :-)

Lowcal :-)

• it's happening to me too and I think some people have it worse than others, but there is definitely problems with the site

• H shelliel. Poor you because it is truly annoying.

Are you using a laptop or a tablet? For the busy threads I found my tablet -an ancient iPad- just can't hack it any more so I borrowed a laptop. Since about December I think the site can't quite handle the traffic it gets?

I also think 16k is brilliant!!, 👯👯👯

Hope you don't vanish

• I have more problems when using an i-pad too. But none lately, fortunately.

• 16 km! Wow! I wouldn't have time to turn my laptop on! It would take me all afternoon! I'm struggling to get to 2 walking the dog! Well done!

• Hi Shellie,

The latest advice I've had, is to change my search engine from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.

I have, but it doesn't seem to have helped yet :(

I hope you're still with us.

• I've always used Google Chrome and I'm still having problems today... :-( Although not as bad as everyone else I think ?

• Have you reported it?

I don't think they're overly concerned with one or two having problems, but if it's dozens, it can't be put on a back burner so easily.

You may also like...