Day 1. Let's do this!

Ok, I installed this app a while ago now and have been getting daily messages, all of which have just been ignored. I've been making excuses and putting off exercise and making an effort with my eating for a long time. This has to change, I feel sluggish and unhealthy. I've also got 3 kids and I want to set a good example to them.

Today is Day 1 and I weigh in at 12s 4lb. I'm going to set myself daily goals to start with. I love food and really hate feeling hungry. I've not exercised in a while and I'm extremely unfit. So here it goes: Todays goal: stay under 1200 calories using MyFitness app and do 30 min workout on Youtube (its snowing so inside exercise today).

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome to the gang😃,

You will find loads of inspiration, motivation,honesty and humour.

Have a look at the NHS 12 week plan there's loads of tips, not just diet but exercise/ activity.

Have a great week

😇

• Hi

I weighed myself this morning - 12 stone 4lbs as well!

I need to do something about my weight and fitness, so it's day 1 for me too. Not sure calorie counting would work for me. My plan at the moment is eat less (and better) and move more! A bit vague but I'll see how it goes.

Good luck with your goals. X

• Well done and welcome - I love the MFP app for counting cals, its so easy. I like being able to download recipes off the web it just works out the calories with no fuss at all - so cool!

You will be surprised at how quickly you start to notice your energy lifting.

you can do this - I know it :)

• 1200 is quite low for calories, and how much under do you mean ? I think you ought to plan to be under 1400. Its up to you tho, you know your body best, but its when your hungry that all our good intentions go out the window. Maybe plan for 1200 with a ceiling of 1400?

Good luck 😊

You may also like...