Celebrity Slimmers Blog - Week 3 (16/01/2016)

Hi All,

Here's this week's Celebrity Slimmers Blog - celebrityslimmers.wordpress...

Please do comment your thoughts here, it'd be nice to get a little conversation going!

Also, please continue to post your requests for celebrities for me to blog on in the future and any improvements you feel I should make.

Apologies again for no blog last week, and for the shortness of this one.

Have a great week,

Rob :)

7 Replies

• The body prioritises its use of fuel, burning alcohol first because it is toxic. Next is carbohydrate; we are often told that is because it is the preferred fuel source of the body. However, it is likely to be because too much blood glucose is also toxic; the body uses twice as much energy as fat compared to carbohydrate. Carbohydrate is used for intense activity as it is the only fuel that can be used in the absence of oxygen.

Protein satiates appetite the longest, though too much is easily turned to glucose, with harmful side-products.

Fat takes longest to digest, and less than 10% is ever turned to glucose. It is the most inert macro-nutrient with regard to our hormones, having minimal effect on IGF-1/insulin.

• Hi Rob,

I'm just about to go out for a walk, but I will look forward to looking at your Celebrity Blog later - hope you are having a great weekend.

Lowcal :-)

• Hi Lowcal,

Enjoy your walk - braving the cold!

Look forward to reading your comments later

Have a good weekend

• Hi Rob,

I had a look at your blog, and I like how you've presented it. Great use of pictures and visuals. Clearly giving up alcohol really helped the guy, and also his healthy eating regime and attending the gym to exercise. The fact he went for rehab at the Priory prior to making the changes may also suggest that he had some therapy which helped him get into a more positive frame of mind to tackle his weight-loss - but that is of course supposition on my part.

Interesting blog, many thanks for sharing it.

Looking forward to your next one.

Lowcal :-)

• Hi Lowcal,

Thank you.

I suppose the therapy he recieved would have helped but as you say the gym and healthy eating since leaving The Priory has helped him stay at his post-loss wieght.

• Hi Rob,

Great blog - he did so well and looked fab. Amazing what losing 4 stone can do for you.

Let's hope he hasn't put it back on again but that could be the price of losing it so fast.

• Hi Sue,

He does, doesn't he! Steph told me he'd lost it so I googled him and there it was.

Let's hope not

You may also like...