New member - hello!

New member - hello!

Hello,

Just to introduce myself. My name is John, I am 63 years old.

I have enjoyed reading some of the posts where everyone seems very supportive to each other. I am looking forward to starting the 12 week plan tomorrow. I am currently tipping the scales at 17st 12lb so I really need to change my eating habits and get more exercise :-) John.

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome John,

And yes, this is a lovely and very supportive place. Good luck on your journey.

Janette

• Hi John,

You've posted a lovely photo, and wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum. Glad you've already had a chance to read through some of the posts. Glad you're looking forward to starting the NHS 12 week plan tomorrow, and wishing you the very best of success with it. Hopefully you'll find it easy to use, and helpful.

One of our forum members, Moreless, has compiled a Welcome Pack for Newbies, so I thought I'd give you the link to that (if you've not already seen it) - worth a look! :

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Hope you'll enjoy being part of this great community, and hope to see you around and about in the forum. There are lots of things to join in with, and hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Wishing you a great week ahead.

Lowcal :-)

• Welcome John,

Here's to a successful 12 weeks. Good luck.

• Hi. Yes everyone here is lovely. I coukd not cope without the support from here.

• Hi John great photo! Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

• Hi and welcome John, that's a great pic! :)

You're going to love it here and we're going to love having you join us :)

All the best to you :)

• Thank you for all your welcoming messages and encouragement!!

• Hey John

Welcome and heres to a successful loss - I hope to be seeing less of you! :)

• Hey Jock, and welcome!

• Hello John and it's great that you have joined this community and are going to start the nhs 12 week plan. It's just brilliant and so easy to follow. Best of luck on your journey here and lovely photo by the way :-)

• Thanks trafford,1 I assume you have completed the 12 week plan now? First day for me and all OK. i did get a bit of a shock once I started weighing everything, rice etc and realised that portion control is going to be a big part of succeeding with this plan ! :-)

• Yes I completed the 12 weeks just over a year ago I am on week 53 and about to post week 54 on Sat as I had a long journey, but I'm almost finished now, but will keep posting here which I do every week anyway. If you click on my name 'trafford1' you can see my journey if you like. It's just been wonderful having all the support you get from this community :-)

• Just looked through your journey, well done! Looks like you have consistently lost weight over the year and, despite a few minor set backs, you have continued to eat sensibly. I hope I can achieve that level of success too ;-)

• You can achieve anything you put your mind to. Just believe in yourself and your ability to make a positive change in your life and anything is possible. Go for it and I wish you many successes along the way :-)

You may also like...