So it's ten days since the start of January. I finished my seven days of juicing on Thursday night and then Was immediately thrown in to the horror of trying to eat well whilst on the move for work. I thought it also Important to leave it a couple of days before I came back here praising my juicer and my remarkable weight loss....but rather to leave it a bit to see where I stood after a couple of days back in the real world.
So what did I find out ?
- that the buffet on my cross country train does porridge and it is possible to replace their delicious bacon baguette for a pot of porridge without the world ending.
- I don't like green tea
- black Earl grey works well when there are no fruit tea options.
-a vegetable juice is a good alternative for me when I am busy for either breakfast or lunch (or both)
- I prefer all vegetable juices with a slither of ginger root
- it is okay to have a salad for a business lunch and to ask for it without any dressing
- it's been really difficult to stop drinking coffee (I have just had my first one this year as a reward for doing the ironing)
- I like tomato juice! And a spicy tomato juice is my new best friend. I had wine on Friday evening after finally getting home - I was not sure I enjoyed it. Last night I opted for vegetable juice instead!
- almost immediately I started this juicing lark all symptoms of IBS disappeared.
- I feel so much better in myself
- my type two diabetic husband is having to eat well because I am - which can only be good. And for a man who doesn't 'do green' I can report that he was caught eating baby broad beans at lunchtime!
Net loss this year even after three more days eating well but not tied to the juicer = 6lbs
Would I do it again? Perhaps, in order to have a quick cleanse after the glottony of Christmas, but I do prefer a varied diet. I will probably keep the vegetable juice for one meal, probably breakfast. Homemade veg soup for lunch and then a balanced family meal for tea.
Next week is going to be a trial because I am away for three days but let's hope I can keep the benefits in the forefront of my mind and behave myself .....or I'll have to do another seven days of juicing !