Good start on my first weigh in!

Been on a 'design my own slimming world' type of diet as I have been a member on and off for years and when I'm on track it works well - so I have all the books and a good knowledge, but I feel pressured by the 'group weigh in' so my weekly (Saturday) weight in is in my own bathroom - I lost 5lbs on my first week - so I am pleased with myself!

I have joined this forum and am inspired by others stories and journeys... Good luck to you all and those amazing people have that have achieved so much!

Until later ....

25 Replies

• That's awesome! Well done.

• Hi Jan,

Fantastic result, here's to another great week, look forward to next weeks post

Have a lovely week

• Thank you!

• I'm impressed by your innovation in using the knowledge for your own purposes Jan.

The encouragement you get here will put the pressure from the group weigh-in in the shade :-)

• Hi Jan, what a great idea :) I'm going to give you this link. It may not be of any use to you, but it was designed as a welcome pack and I do want to welcome you :)

• Fantastic - I will take a look. Thank you.

• Having looked - I have sent the info to my laptop as I am currently using my iPhone.

Is there an app for the iPhone that you are aware of?

Thanks in advance

• Oh my, you're going to think I'm a right numpty, but I have absolutely no idea! I'm sure it won't be long before somebody far more knowledgeable will help you out though :)

• I'm truly in the modern world with a smart phone and everything, but it didn't occur to me to think if there was an app of the NHS 12 week plan! As far as I'm aware it's essentially a pdf that you download - I just printed the whole thing out and filled it in each week. But the app I did use was myfitnesspal - that's definitely worth checking out.

• I tend to use an app as it's much more convenient and mobile - I did consider printing the information and decided to download it to my phone - not quite as efficient as an app - but beggars can't be choosers and i am just happy to have all of the information! :-)

• It's definitely very useful info. I used the info for each week as a sort of theme for that week, e.g. week 1 I focused on having more fibre, etc. Sounds like you're off to a great start already though! Good luck :)

• I discovered today, that there's an iphone app waiting list!!

• Well done Jan, what a fantastic start!

E xxx

• Thank you Elsie

• 5 lbs is a great start to your journey very well done Jan :-)

• 5 lbs off. fantastic results! :)

• Well done. That is a great loss

• Hi Jan,

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a great result. :-)

Hope you enjoy being part of this forum, and wishing you a great week ahead.

Lowcal :-)

• Well done! That's a great start. I have my first weigh in on Monday morning. I've been good so hoping for a loss. Keep up your good work.

• Well done Jan, ive been to slimming world many times to and lost weight but the going to the weigh ins was the part that i didnt like so as long as you write down on here your progress you should do just as well and stick to it longer.

Also Jan why dont you stick the £5 you would have given to slimming world in a pot every week and buy yourself a little treat along the way or use it for new clothes when yours are to big in a few months.

Keep up the good work. x

• Well done Jan I'm doing the same thing I'm mixing slimming world and low fat meals my first weigh in in my bathroom is in the morning lol so fingers crossed xx

• Good luck!

• How was your first weigh in? X

• Like you I have diet book by the hundreds and what I don't like about slimming world class is the way they go round the class saying well done so and so you lost 3lb this week. Obviously she stuck to plan ! When there are loads in class it takes ages and gets boring ....Anyway guys need your support NEED to lose 2.5 st but more importantly need the will power to do it Started well last week. Got new fitness DVDs a Fitbit and renewed my swimming subscription so no excuse? All was well until I returned to work after nearly 3weeks off I actually gave away last of festive goodies but on my desk was a bit of Christmas cake. ..... 6 yes 6 bits later 😢😢😢 that of course meant rest of weekend I just ate. My prob is if I snack on rubbish I continue to do so suit tutting these for meals ....any suggestions PLEASE. Need to be lighter I am being mother of the bride early 2017

• Just a suggestion (but it works for me) I keep a store of healthy snacks in my office drawer - I also carry a list on my iphone and a paper copy laying around of all the foods I can have (low fat mostly) and really enjoy. When someone appears with 'cakes' for everyone, I pop to the office fridge and produce (slimming work) chocolate brownie and slice some fruit on top.... it works for me! Without the planning of these things I would simply eat anything that passed by my nose! :-(

You may also like...