😏 sooo proud!!!

Sorry, just had to share this, I was REALLY worried about the last run of week 5 of couch -5km.

I have just come back and I actually ran for a whole 20 minutes 😊

I nearly gave up 1/2 way through as my legs were aching badly, but I carried on and the ache got better. I admire all the "regular runners" - I'll

never run far, but I'd love to get to week 9 and keep going 😊

26 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done Elissy - that run at the end of week 5 is amazing - you really feel like you've achieved something :-) You reckon that you won't ever run far, but I bet you'll surprise yourself a few months down the line from graduating how far you can actually go - congratulations :-)

• Hmmm, we'll see, I'm not a spring chicken and have heel spurs and noisy knees, etc 😁

But so far nothing has complained too badly πŸ˜‚

• Hi Elissy,

Wow, that is so fantastic!!! That's a really great acheivement - really well done. :-)

Keep going, you are on your way to week 9. You're doing so well.

Have a good rest now though - and soothe those aching legs.

Lowcal :-)

• Thank you Lowcal 😊

• Well done.

• Thank you 😊

• Brilliant :)

• Thank you Tewson 😊

• Wow, you are an inspiration!

• Hahaha all laughed at my red face when I got back πŸ…πŸ˜‰

• That is fantastic to finish week ck5 now you are encouraging me to go out tomorrow for a nice long walk / run.

• Go for it. Never run before in my life - really have surprised myself 😊

• We can really surprise ourselves it is amazing! What a nice feeling! I bet you are over the moon! :)

• I am, I finished grinning like a Cheshire cat 🐱😊

• You are hilariaous! :d

• I might even have to change my profile picture cause I think I can overtake the snail now 😁

• You did it! Well done - I remember that run and it was hard. You've now got a few weeks to build to 30 - you can definitely do that.

• And I've just check our steps and you're winning.

That's it - I'm running tomorrow!

• Hahaha, you'll win tomorrow as I won't be running, and I won't be able to walk too much πŸ˜‰

• This W5R3 is the best. It makes you aware of what you have achieved. You just float on top of the world. It is an unbelievable feeling. Well done you.

• Thank you - and you described my feelings yesterday so accurately 😊

• Wow that's fab. Well done. No wonder you're proud. Keep it up. :)

• Well done Elissy on your achievement :-) and so you should be so proud of yourself. It's such a great feeling to be able to run and that you didn't give in. It's getting passed that wall and when you do there's no stopping you. Keep going your doing great :-)

• Thank you Trafford 😊

Resting leg at the moment, did 28 minutes last week but hurt my shin. Hopefully able to give it another go soon πŸ˜ƒ

• Wow 28 mins you are definitely not letting those walls stop you, you're breaking through each and everyone of em keep going Elissy

Nice 1

• 😏

You may also like...