Gearing up for another new start!

I love my holidays and I am not wishing them away... honest! However I am looking forward to 4th Janaury and another new start!

I have purchased my new 'health' diary. A simple diary in which I will record nothing but progress against my health goals. (I love a clean page, literally and metaphorically! )

I have signed up to Lizzi's Around the World group and will post my first weigh in with Lowcal on 4th too.

My goals are not just about weight (although I do need to lose a good 30 -35lbs ). I am trying to look at the whole picture around my health.

I need to look after myself, to adopt a much healthier life style: more sleep, water, exercise. Less: alcohol, sugar, stress.

So... I intend to record it all for 12 months. Not just 6 weeks, stop as life gets in the way or busy and start again....

Next December I want to update Lowcal on the amazing progress I made in 2016!

Next December I will be healthier, slimmer, glowing!

So, to everyone who is continuing or starting or starting again I would like to wish you all the love, luck and happiness as you strive to make things happen in 2016.

Asics

19 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi Asics, I wish you well on the goals you have set yourself for 2016. I'm sure you can do it!

• Thank you Tinkle72! โ˜บ

• Hello Asics

Sounds like you are well motivated and organized for the year ahead ๐Ÿ˜Š

This will be my first 'full' year here and seing what I can achieve in one year will be interesting.

Well done for signing up for the 'Extras', they are good fun and keep the motivation going

• Hello Elissy! Thank you! Good luck with 2016... I wonder what we are all capable of?! Here's to great things! โ˜บ

• Fab comments! You've inspired me to get up and start again. I was doing well until 2 weeks before Christmas when I morphed into a locust devouring all food in sight.

2016 - healthier, slimming, glowing. Yes.

• Hello Ceruandblue i know what you mean!

Just when I think I could not possibly fit another crumb in, I find room for a handful of.... anything!

So here's a toast to 2016: healthier, slimmer, glowing! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I'm loving the positivity of your post Asics :)

I have a very good gut feeling about 2016 and am absolutely certain it's going to be a great year for us all :)

Looking forward to hearing about all our achievements at the end of the year, cos I'm sure they'll be amazing :)

• Thanks for saying that moreless! You made me think... Normally at this point of the Christmas holiday i see only the negatives... the fat tummy, countless chins and lifeless skin from too much food and alcohol and very little sleep. I chastise myself for my poor choices and have diaries full of negative, angry entries written in January first. But this year I do feel differently (and I think some of the change has come from reading everyone's motivating posts on here! ) I do feel positive about the next steps because I know it is possible and I am capable.

.. and with all your support and motivation, anything is possible!

We all have a bright 2016 ahead!

• Yaaay us! :D

• Good luck Asics - you could change your life in a year :)

• Thanks sueper!

If you don't mind, I am going to add your quote to my diary! ๐Ÿ˜Š

what a truly great gang you all are on here. X

• :D

• I have written your words in the front of the diary with your name and date! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I have had some further reflections as I enjoyed a rather late bath ๐Ÿ˜†.

Tomorrow (i still have visitors here at mo) I am firstly going to write my 2016 update for lowcal and stick in back of diary, then I can remind myself what I wanted to achieve. When I actually come to write to lowcal in December 2016, I can compare words to deeds!

Also work life balance is important to my health, sleep and diet (when i am tired and stressed I eat what I can find as I 'don't have time or inclination'. So... I will add my goals for working hours and practices to my health diary too!

Am beginning to feel my diary may be a bit small!!

• Hi Asics,

I love your post, you have done some great work in preparation for 2016 already, and I am sure it will stand you in good stead. Having your Health Diary sounds such a great idea. I bet it will be very motivating to look back on it in the future - to see what great progress you will have made as the year progresses. I will definitely look forward to hearing your progress on the way, and also at the end of the year in 2016. There should be lots to celebrate by then! :-)

It's a great time of year to reflect on things and to think of New Year Resolutions and goals - and I love the fact you are thinking in terms of health and well-being, as I think those are key aspects of any change - helping to ensure continuity and enhancing our lives.

It's lovely to have you on board with us for the future Monday weigh-ins, and great to hear you've also joined up for Lizzy's 'Around the World Challenge'.

Hoping you are enjoying your week so far, and I will look forward to catching up with you at Monday's weigh-in.

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks Lowcal for your encouraging and welcoming words!

Will share my starting weight on 4th... then off we go! โ˜บ

Happy New Year to you!

• All the best for your 2016 plan for a healthier you x

• Thank you nanashon! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I have set the diary up... I love it!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...