Diabetic !

:D Morning

I've recently found out I'm diabetic which now makes a lot of sense with the funny way I've been feeling. I am fortunate enough to have discovered it early so I can treat it with diet and exercise. I have also discovered that cutting down/out the sugar has also decreased my acid reflux, so it must be the sugar that helps to create it. Also dropped a couple of pounds - so onward and upward. I need to lose around 2 stone. Choosing between SW WW and NHS - which one of those has the less sugar alternatives?

Thanks !

4 Replies

• Thanks Bigleg - very helpful :D

• Hi Jossy35,

Hi again, I remember you from previous posts, and it's good to hear you've got a diagnosis that makes sense of how you were feeling previously. Hopefully your GP and healthcare providers can give you good support and advice with your diabetes.

I can't answer your question about which of the weight loss frameworks has the less sugar alternatives, but I do think that the 12 week NHS plan is worth a look - you can easily look at the sugar contents of foods by checking their labels, and if you do a lot of cooking from scratch then you can be sure about what you are putting into your daily food intake.

If you fancy joining our Monday weigh-in group, then you would be very welcome to join us. I can give you the link to today's thread, if you'd like to have a read to see if you fancy being part of it or not.

Whatever you do, I hope you have a great week and that 2016 is a good year for you. Hope to see you around and about in the forum.

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks Lowcal - would love to join :D

• I'm sure Lowcal won't mind me giving you the link jossy :)

You may also like...