Hail Caesar! Yesterday I promised the princess that I would start training to be a centurion today!

Due to that and yesterday's threats from poppypug I donned my training outfit - had to wear black, the poppers kept coming open on the white - put plastic bags over the sandals (keep the mud off), a paper bag over my head (stop anyone recognising me) and ventured beyond the city gates.

I now feel more like a centenarian than a centurion but it will improve, surely it must.

I have repaired to my villa where I am reclining by the pool, eating peeled grapes and wondering if my heart rate will get back to normal before Wednesday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Onwards and upwards O Mighty One!

Note to self.......obtain paper bag ;)

• Don't forget to cut out eyeholes, I found running a bit difficult until I did that.

• No problem, I find running impossible anyway ;)

• Poor excuse. What I do isn't really running. It's walking fast then faster when she says run. Do try it - C25K on the NHS website.

• Give me a few weeks of being able to walk and I'll be right there with you :)

• That's what I like to hear - future centurions!

• Just call me Newbius Maximus :)

• Magnificent!!

• :-) :-)

• Are you with me?

• Well I did do a morning run along the Tiber this morning and wondered at the paper bag getting damp. Must have been where I ran off the end of the pier, and certainly eye holes might have helped prevent such a calamity - So I guess I'm with you :-)

• Good to know I wasn't the only one!

• Hail Ceasar, promises, promises! I thought I saw a new designer sportswear accessory on my morning romp....however, this fashion is not for me, cannot wear paper bag as tiara tears holes into it! Other than I follow your excellent direction and am walking and then walking at a faster past...a bit like slow, slow, quick, quick, slow...my first reference to strictly!

• Ah, sorry, in spite of fancy, spangly outfits being my things, cavorting on a dance floor is not something I do in them.

You may also like...