week1 day 4

week 1 mid week update

So far so good. I know it’s only been a couple of days but even so, an important couple of days. Still sorting out food and routines etc.

I do face a small challenge on the way home from the office. I am fortunate enough to live within walking distance of work. But, on the way home I walk past an ice cream van and a chip shop. On hot days a nice cold ice cream would go down a treat and the chip shop smells wonderful constantly.

Monday I nearly succumbed to the temptation of a ninety nine with a flake. Tuesday I left my money at home so I couldn’t buy one. Strangely today, I didn’t even think about it until I was considering what to put in my post. Result.

I think it will take a little longer for chip shop effect to lose its power.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support. It means a lot, thank you.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Ken! Proud of you! As you walk past the shop tomorrow just think of the fish and chips as lard on your thighs. :(

• An excellent idea, I might try that technique with a few other things that are high on the temptaion list.

Many thanks

• Try taking a snack to work with you to eat on the way home or before you head home . That way you won't be as hungry as you walk through Temptationville!

I have discovered the delight of frozen grapes as a healthy sweet treat on a hot day. Grapes do contain a lot of sugar so buying a bunch and having them lying around is not good. So I split the bunch into little plastic boxes with 6-8 grapes in each and pop them in the freezer. I love retrieving and eating one box when getting home on a hot day.

If you can anticipate that treat passing up the ice cream will be easier. Also relatively a cheap treat!

• Can you divert via a healthy fruit n veg shop on the way home to get fresh ingredients for a delicious dinner?

• Well done Ken on avoiding those temptations (especially the chip shop). I went to the local amateur theatre last night and managed to avoid having an interval ice-cream whilst the rest of the family scoffed one ! I also felt very proud of myself :-)

• Well done on resisting temptation.... You can do it!

I have the same problem near me. X2 chip shops and x4 pizza places all within a 5 minute walk of my house, it's torture.

Good luck

• Oh dear, not easy is it? the smell of chips from the chippy is hard to resist, and I could live on ice cream, but the thought of buying smaller clothes and not getting out of breath when I walk and generally feeling so much better wins hands down every time. Keep up the good work and good luck.

• Well done, you sound like you are getting a real handle on your temptations, when you understand where your temptations are is easier to avoid them.

You may also like...