Week 11 : very happy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi all,

Week 11 and I think I'm getting the hang of this !!

Loss of 2 and 1/2 Ib, so happy๐Ÿ˜ƒ. the past few weeks have been a bit bumpy but I have stayed with it and really feel so much better, it feels like all the hard work has been worth it.

Yesterday heard the magic words ' How much weight have you lost ' ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. A fellow dog walker has been on holiday for 3 weeks and made the comment yesterday, then when out shopping tried on a dress and needed a size 14 !!! Not been in 14's for years.

Out tonight for sisters birthday, we are going to a Lebenese restaurant, any ideas on healthy options ?

Have a great week

13 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Congratulations! You are doing so well. Keep it up and just good choices tonight! Have a great time.

• Thanks Candystripe,

Looking forward to celebrating in a focused way.

Have a good week.

• Hi Flossie,

Congratulations on losing 2.5 pounds, that's really great!!! Also good that you've had some compliments about your weight-loss, and that you now fit that size 14 dress you tried on. Those milestones are really lovely.

Hope you enjoy your sister's Birthday meal tonight at the Lebanese restaurant. There's a website here that mentions some good options. Just looking at it made me wish there was a Lebanese restaurant close by to visit!

They recommend Baba Ganoush as a starter, as it's made from healthy aubergine and is apparently only 80 calories in a 1 oz serving. For mains, they mentioned selecting vegetable, legume or grain based dishes, and specifically suggested a dish called Shish taouk (made with chicken meat) and Samkeh harra (a grilled fish dish). I had to watch my spell checker than, as they changed the 'harra' into 'Harry'... I've altered it back. :-)

It would be great to hear what you chose, and what you thought of it, if you want to share that info with us.

Lowcal :-)

• Hi Lowcal,

Thank you so much, I've looked at the link and have written down some ideas, I do love bread so will watch it not blow it !!

When I told my sister of my new dress she replied ' well M&s always cut generous' miaow lol.

I'll let you know how it goes and most important the food.

• Great, will look forward to hearing about how it goes. Enjoy! :-)

• Hi Flossie - congrats on a great loss and reaching size 14, I'm loving wearing my size 14 jeans still! There's a Lebanese place near me that I love going to as its good for veggie options. I tend to get a veggie mixed mezze, as everything's in small portions and salad based. But they pile on the bread, keeping on replenishing baskets etc, and as I'm avoiding bread I tend to ask for rice now anyway. So I suggest asking for rice instead of bread. Anything from the grill will be healthy too, Lebanese places are often all about the grill. Its a much healthier way to cook meat, fish etc. I think you basically cant go wrong if you just watch the portion sizes and avoid all the bread. Have fun!

• Hi Ruth ,

Thank you for your ideas, and I will watch the bread it one of my favs !!

Mind you not sure a real 14 tried top on in Primark today and needed an 18 !!! How the mighty fall lol

Have a good week.

• Primark aren't exactly known for their accurate tailoring! Pay no attention :) If it's any comfort my jeans are a wideleg curvy style, so not a standard 14. But they still count :) Have a great eve!

• Hi flossie, well done on losing 2 & 1/2 lbs this week, that is so great and well done getting into a size 14 that is a fantastic :-)

You are doing great hun :-)

Traffords1 x

• Hi Trafford1,

It's been a really good week, mind you needed a size 18 in Primark today so hey ho !! Lol

Have a great weekend

• Isn't it marvellous when people notice the weight loss. Many congratulations. Have a lovely meal tonight, I've never tried Lebanese food but you've just inspired me to look up some recipes!

• Hi Linggirl,

I've had some really good suggestions so will let you know how it goes, I'm feeling really good thank you.

• Well done :)

You may also like...