I'm 19 years old, I've always had problems with my weight, I've tried countless diets and nothing seems to work.

I'm a care assistants so my job makes it difficult to eat properly and the right times, I am extremely conscious about my weight and would love to get my life sorted.

If anyone could help with meal ideas for on the go and for at home I would appreciate any help

4 Replies

• Hi RachelAnne96,

I know you've tried countless diets, but I still think it might be worth taking a look at the NHS 12 week plan, as it is really good in terms of information and advice, and it has a week-by-week structure, which is easy to follow. Here is a link if you'd like to take a look:

You might have already seen it, but I really do recommend it as a good starting point.

Hope you find it helpful and I hope you have a good week.

Lowcal :-)

• You just need to plan! Buy or get some healthy recipes, portion up stuff you can take to work, get whoever to freeze or fridge the extra portions.

I used to work in care and had access to a microwave which helped.

Plan healthy snacks too, good luck

• Hello RachelAnne96

Sorry to hear you have been struggling with your weight.

As the others have mentioned below NHS 12 week weight loss plan is really usual. I am on week 8 and feel loads better for it, there is no going back!

It's not a diet as such, but helps you change your lifestyle to fit around the plan.

Hope this helps x

• Buy some tupperware tubs and prep, prep, prep! Lots of lean meats and green veggies!

The nature of my job is also very fast paced but if I do get to squeeze in a lunch hour (and I am making sure more often than not now that I do, I go for a walk - literally just around town, but I try a different route every day!). Also Subway salads are a life saver for me!! I get a Turkey salad with all the salad veggies (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, olives, gherkins, jalepenos), avoid the cheese and choose a lower calorie dressing if you need you - sweet onion is my personal fave! Only 170 calories for the whole thing including dressing and its so big and filling!! AND only £3.30 with a drink! :)

You may also like...