Back from my holiday in France and I only put on 1/2 pound which I am very pleased with as I know I can vary that much day to day anyway.
Just wanted to share my holiday tips for those of you who will be holidaying yourselves soon:-
1. I wouldn't have an alcoholic drink until 630pm (ie no lunchtime drinking). I had three drinks one night and felt quite ill so limited it to 2 per night thereafter and sometimes just the one. And I made sure I had two days during the week where I didn't have anything at all.
2. I had my normal breakfast everyday during the week (yoghurt, fruit and a sprinkling of Alpen) and then had a croissant on our last day.
3. I took my fry-light with me.
4. I only had one dessert a day. This was either sorbet or my cousin made a lemon cake so I had a couple of slices of that.
5. Salad for lunch every day. I did have cheese with my salad but in moderation and mostly low fat versions.
6. Steered clear of French bread - only had a baguette sandwich on one day which was the day we took a packed lunch for our 30km cycle ride.
7. Tried to do something active every day - swimming, cycling or walking (didn't manage this everyday but did most).
8. I wasn't good all the time; I had a whole pizza on my last night, a sorbet after my cycle ride and ate my way through a whole bar of milka during the week and a bowl of crisps before dinner on a couple of nights. This meant that I didn't really feel like I was on a diet for the week but didn't go overboard and put loads of weight on like I normally would.
I really enjoyed myself and my eating. I feel like I've learnt a lot about food over the last few months and am less daunted about when I stop trying to lose and start trying to maintain now.
4lbs to goal!