Special food treat

Treating yourself with special foods? I hit on this idea too!

Buying a tray of ready to eat fruit would normally be an expensive option for me.

BUT they are often on offer as they don't have a very long shelf life. It's the first thing you see in the Co-op with the take out meal section. ( which is good as it sets you off on healthy options if you have problems making choices when shopping!)

I look for them all the time now. It can actually work out cheaper too, i look for one with the pineapple and the one with berries, that way you have a huge variety of fruit that you wouldn't normally buy! If you buy a punnet of strawberries too , you will have a wonderful fruit salad with very little preparation!

How yummy is that!!

πŸ“πŸ“πŸŠπŸ’πŸπŸ“πŸ“β›…οΈπŸ‰πŸ‡πŸ“πŸ“πŸπŸ“πŸ“

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi PogGoes,

It sounds very yummy indeed, especially when you illustrated it with your emoticons (that's right right word isn't it???!)

Fruit salad is a lovely Summery option.

Hope you're having a good week.

Lowcal :-)

• Yes that's my treat too for when I'm watching Masterchef in the evening and want to eat along with the judges!!!

Just make sure you keep the calories within your allowance though!

• Yes, I think that's a great idea - and a lot of these fruits taste better *without* cream or anything doing to them.

You may also like...