Felling despondent

I tried on a pair of jeans that used to fit (before my weight gain...) and I can't even get them higher than my thighs:( I never realised how big I am and how much weight I have put on in the last 2 years :( reality check big time!!!

On the bright side I have been on the 12 week program for the last 3 going on 4 weeks and have managed to loose 3kg. I went for a walk/run this morning so lots of positive changes.

But putting on or rather not being able to fit into those jeans was a big shock. I took a picture and will take a picture again in a month to see how much closer to actually closing the zipper I get each month. Small steps.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This has been my wake up call exactly! I have never weighed as much in my whole life, not even when pregnant. I knew my clothes were tight etc but getting summer clothes out has really made me realise how much has crept on. Just started this week. Good luck to you :)

• Well done and good luck with your weight loss journey.

• I have a pair of dark brown corduroy pants for over 5 year that have never fitted me, even when I bought them. I got them because I loved them, they're slim legged, which ironically do have, and a lime green stitch detail around the hems. I'm aiming to fit into those by the end of the year. Small steps indeed.

• I managed to squeeze back into my size 14 jeans after losing my first 6lb. I seemed to lose weight in that area first, which was a really pleasant surprise. They're still too tight for my liking but I think things like jeans are a good way to see that change. Ultimately I want to get back to size 12 though. Can you get yourself another pair the next size up to wear until you fit into your old pair?

• I love those jeans:( and I inherited them from my sister. They are a size 11 and im currently between 14 and 16 so still a way to go. Had the most aweful week of bad eating :( heres to better eating tomorrow. The scales are not going to be kind tomorrow but thats life.

• I think it would still be good to have another pair that you can love yourself in, until you get there. Maybe get a size 12-14 intermediate pair to aim for first?

• Thats a good idea thanks. I have a size 14 thats too small so can aim to fit in that first.

• Good luck :)

You may also like...