Having trouble losing weight

I am having a really hard time losing weight. It's my own fault because I am not sticking to a plan. I belong to weight watchers and while its a great diet/lifestyle I am having trouble tracking and staying motivated. I am uncomfortable in my skin. I know I have to start somewhere but it is not easy.. Any words of encouragement advice or anything someone would like to share would be appreciated!

Thanks

Feeling hopeless

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi :) staying motivated is a big hurdle for a lot of people. Just keep thinking about what you want to achieve and what you already have achieved. I think to myself do I really need that cake or shall I have some fruit to curb my sweet cravings.

Take each day as it comes and pat yourself on the back when you do something you're proud of - even if it is resisting a biscuit or glass of wine. It takes time to change but you've already accomplished so much by wanting to swap to a healthier lifestyle.

Also keep occupied - I boredom eat all the time so if I'm hungry a go for a quick walk or chat to my friends.

Keep going, you can do it!

B x

1 like

I freeze things so that the temptation is removed for awhile and I have a chance to think again about whether I really need to eat it. Make a performance out of any healthy snacks you do eat e.g. cut an Apple into pieces and put on a plate. Always eat at a table, I live by myself but I still lay the table and put the salad/vegetables in serving dishes. It makes the meal last longer and somehow more satisfying.

Good luck.

P.s in real snacking emergencies I eat a sugar free ice pop! Childish I know but it does the trick.

1 like

Hi linggirl, your post made me smile because I absolutely love laying the table for dinner (or any meal) and I always put any snack into a little dish or on a nice plate! Nothing like turning every meal into a special time...an occasion!!! But you're right it makes whatever you're eating more satisfying and enjoyable...glad it's not only me.

Don't aim for perfection; just take one enjoyable step at a time, and when you've got that down to your satisfaction set another specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-scaled goal.

Good luck!

1 like

Staying motivated can be so difficult at times but keep going. If get off track at all just draw a line under it and start over. I couldn't get on with the pro points system so i am working my daily intake if calories out, eating healthy meals and trying to fit in some exercise (dog walking and a bit of swimming). That is working better. I also try really hard not to eat anything after 7.30. No more evening snacking for me :/ it took a bit of adjusting too but it has helped. Keeping busy and trying to refocus any treat to something other than food seems to have helped too. I read somewhere that to lose 1lb in weight needed a 3500 Calorie reduction in my week. Seemed impossible but it has helped me moderate my intake of food by bearing it in mind. I wish lots of luck. Believe you can do it and you will x

1 like

Thank you all. I was always able to do the points but right now I just feel like it's tough.maybe I'll just eat right not eat after 730 and workout I do enjoy working out and it helps with anxiety and also keeping me busy!!! Thanks everyone keep it coming it's helped me stay focused today

Hi Butterfly77, I have to same problem with evenings, I seem to be ok up until we have dinner but as soon as dinner is finished I want to start grazing. I have manage to keep it under control by making sure I have enough calories left to play with during the evening & I don't eat within one & half hours before bed; mainly as I sleep better if I don't. I also find the evening a good time to read the posts on this forum, it keeps you focused and busy. Good luck.

1 like

If you feel uncomfortable in your own skin, self esteem and confidence may be an issue. Remember, being slim doesn`t make you happy, you make you happy. To help my weight loss clients I often start with boosting self confidence and respect for oneself first before attempting weight loss. ivertherapy@gmail.com if you need any further details

You have to be "in the right place " before attempting to drop weight, or as soon as there is any sort of crisis you probably will go back to old eating habits.

warm wishes Linda

1 like

You may also like...