Worried and disgruntled....PS Happy Easter!

Okay so am doing a 1400 calorie slim down plan for Spring/Summer and general health. I am 5 foot 7 and was 12 stone 5 but now a month in am 12 stone. I am feeling low because I WAS 2 pounds lighter and now have managed to gain a few back......ARGH! I work in the hospital environment and usually think that the general running around I do would help. But the chocolate and snacks there as thank yous def. don't! I allow for 2 "treats" during work while bringing in homemade soup and 2 ryvita for my lunch.....but now think I may try the low cal. snacks they have here as ideas. Does anyone else have any ideas? What works for you on work days? Thanks- feeling low about this all.....especially since it's Easter and a patient kindly gave us all eggs......awww and AH!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My 'idea' would be to stop regarding foods that cause you such longer-term anguish as "treats".

Overall, it's more complicated than that; eat real-foods that satisfy you, rather than high-glycaemic cardboard such as Ryvita for instance.

• Hi there- thank you for your input- well what would you recommend to have with my home made soup at lunch during work instead please?

• For carbs try peas, sweetcorn or sweet potato with your soup. If you want something more cracker-like, you can get oatcakes that are low-Gi, additive-free and minimally processed. For wraps, try cabbage/lettuce leaves. Quinoa or bulgur wheat are lower-Gi, minimally processed grains.

All the best!

• thanks for your help!

• Avoid carbs and have more protein in your meals so you'll be less tempted. I understand it must difficult to say no, you'll have to work on that. It's in your best interest!

• Hi Gaby,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. So do you have any ideas of things that might work better as lunches for work then?

• An avocado (raw) with some olive oil on it; baked beans; smoked salmon; hummus; ... I don't cook so this is what I usually have.

• sounds delicious- thank you!

You may also like...