Who said veg was boring?!!

Know you all might know about this already but WOW.... cauliflower rice, what a revelation. I heard about this and just had to try it with veg chilli. I'm a total convert, texture was rice/couscous like with more flavour than traditional rice. If you haven't already tried it give it a go...less cals, low carb and more fibre, what's not to like?? Oh and while i'm here, I also microwaved a whole swede for the 1st time yesterday..another triumph for the humble veg

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • How did you cook it, my attempt was not as tasty as yours . But I'm far from master chef material :)

• I grated it rather than use the processor then microwaved it for 5 mins, added a sprinkling of paprika and microwaved for a further 3 or 4 mins. I do appreciate it may not be to everyone's taste though

• My partner tried it with cauliflower and broccoli was very tasty only problem was he boiled it first lol but will defo be having it again :-)

• LOL :-D Might try adding a bit of broccoli sometime x

• Perhaps try some courgette or butternut squash 'spaghetti' too. Use a peeler to make ribbons of the veg, and then steam them.

• Sounds great, will definitely be trying that, thanks :-)

• Is it possible to cook it without using a microwave?

• It can be sautéed but it's extra calories

• First time I made I steamed in a colander over a saucepan of simmering water about 5 min. Suggest using parchment paper in base of colander otherwise it disappears through the holes !! I use it as rice substitute when I cook a curry..not exactly basmati rice, but it works

You may also like...