Hi all, I have just found the nhs weight loss plan. I have tried all these shake diets, meal replacement, I can't seem to stick to it!! After having my son 18 months ago I have fallen into a bad habit of eating CRAP!! All the time. I try not buying it, but I can't seem to stick at it. Please please someone help. I am going to try and stick to this one. It has only just sinked in the it's going to take a long while to shift the fat but I am willing to do it. Can people please give me tips and advice to keep to it? Also tips on exercise, I am a single parent with not much help, I don't have time to go to the gym. Does anyone combine this diet with any others? Just needs advice, I want to get in shape for summer, I don't want to be the parent sitting on the bench not playing with there child. Please please help!! Thank you.

6 Replies

• Shakes, meal replacements....they're all rubbish. They're not food, and it's food your body is craving. Don't worry about going to the gym. Generations of people never went to a gym in their lives! Stay active. With an 18-month old that should be easy. Weather is getting better, lots to see out of doors, flowers, birds etc - take him out for walks, show him things. I don't know what you define as 'crap', but I would suggest - eat food as little processed as possible, not factory-produced. Simple quick meals cooked at home are better for both of you.

• Hi,

Don't despair!! This weight loss programme is excellent! One of the first things you need to realise is that it's NOT a diet - it's a healthy eating plan. Once that is in your head, it seems easier to stick to, I promise. I'm doing the five and two diet which I find really good for me and I'm planning to exercise by just using more steps in a day and getting my cycling going again. The bike probably isn't useful for you but a pedometer to count your steps each day might help. Also - something as simple as dancing along to a couple of songs on the radio or a cd also uses up calories for you. Try dancing with your baby :-)

• Yeah I have reilised I need to stop "dieting" I need to change my hole rutain really. This weekend I have opened my eyes to so much. Yeah I'm hoping the weather stays nice so we can get out more. I was thinking hour an half running round after my boy in the park 3 days a week will help. I am also doing a few exercises at home just to tone up. I need will power!! I kept thinking I should be losing weight after the first couple of day and when I didn't I would give up. I'm going to try my hardest to try and do the full 12 weeks and hopefully I will see a difference. I just want to be fit.

• I'm just starting week 3 of the NHS 12 week plan and use MyFitnessPal alongside it to count the calories, it also helps with portion control ... Good luck on your journey 🌼

• Been a while since I had my son but I found just going for long walks with him in his buggy rather than using the car or bus was a good way to fit in a bit of exercise.

• Yes I have recently moved out of my parents house so have been going out a lot more and a bonus my mum lives a good 20 miniute walk away so I do that 4 times a week. I am going to download my fitness pal now and give it a try and think I'm going to try the 5:2 diet aswell but have a cheat day on Friday :/ see how it goes for a few weeks as I can't go without our family movie night and munchies. Will have to control my self and be very good during the week. Just need to find somethink that works and I like.

You may also like...