8 weeks and 2nd weigh in

This morning brought the welcome news that I have lost just over 14lbs. I am finding the 5:2 increasingly easy to follow. This way of life seems to suit me as I no longer find my fast days difficult and my appetite on my non-fast days has decreased.

Although I do not post often I do visit this site every day for inspiration and positivity which are offered in abundance and for which I am very grateful.

I started this diet for health reasons (arthritic hip) and am now finding my walking is easier so onwards and upwards..........

My very best wishes to everyone who is on the same journey.

Ps. Has anyone tried acupuncture for arthritis, in particular hip pain?

7 Replies

• Congrats on your loss! I'm happy that you found a system that works for you, especially if you have health problems. Losing weight will help you feel better! Good luck on your journey!

• Thank you HRHGaby. The less weight I have the easier my hip will be so that is a great incentive for me to continue.

• Brilliant, well done, keep up the good work 🌼

• Thank you

• Thank you Folliegirl, encouragement from others is so important.

• That's fabulous. I know I used to have knee problems and I don't know, but when I try to lift a 20 kilo sack of cat litter I can see why I used to have problems, lugging that lot around all the time!

I love 5:2 - it's the first ever way of eating (I don't call it a diet) where it's so easy to drop to just fasting one day a week once you reach your goal weight rather than yoyoing it all straight back on again!!!

• Thank you Gingernut. I am so hoping that weight loss will delay any hip operation. I need to lose at least another 14lbs to be within the normal range for my height but would ideally like to lose a little more.

I am visiting a daughter in Scotland shortly and know that the wine will be flowing so am planning on a 4:3 week before and afterwards In the hope of damage limitation.

Whatever, I will eventually reach my goal weight and then hope to be as successful as you in maintaining this.

Best wishes.

You may also like...