Please help!!

I am 24 years of age and was diagnosed last year with Endometriosis, I have had 2 surgeries in 8 months and have coped with my diagnosis by eating. I have put on 3 stone in a year and at 5ft 3in and nearly 15stone.... I feel shocking! I walk everywhere and have a very active job where I am on my feet for 6 to 10 hours at a time so when I get home I am usually very tired and lack the motivation to do anything. If anybody has any tips on how to get started on my weight loss journey, i would be very appreciative. Thank you.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi welcome to the group. I have a job where im on my feet alot too so understand being tired and unmotivated some days. I started by using a wiifit board to do step ups while watching tv, some days i walked slower because tired from work but other days i increased speed and length of time as i got fitter. I find calorie counting has worked wonders for me as i can control what i eat and can plan my meals and snacks ahead of time. I use an app called myfitnesspal its been a godsend for me.

Everybody is different so find what works for you

• I use a site called health sidekick and follow a forum on it called No2Binge, love the advice posted in it! This sites great to for motivation and support too. I like a few different sites for different reasons but these are my top two. Hope this helps:)

• Keep a note of what you eat for a couple of days sometimes there are extras we forget, I know I do and these little things can make a big difference if you eating more than you burn good luck x

• I agree with the others, log everything on the MyFitnessPal app.

Have you considered getting a fitbit or equivalent tracking app for your exercise? It sounds as though you get enough exercise, so perhaps you're just overeating. I find it's better not to eat back exercise calories when you're trying to lose weight.

After I watched the brilliant Horizon programme, "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" tinyurl.com/qzgo7tq or tinyurl.com/a8ppjl7 I initially started eating from smaller plates, not snacking between meals or after my evening meal. Then I bought Kate Harrison's book "The 5:2 Diet" and in six months I was three stone lighter. :)

• Have a look at the Endo site, if you haven't already.

healthunlocked.com/endometr...

Cutting out gluten (wheat, rye, barley) can sometimes help with the symptoms, and cutting down on carbs generally will help you lose weight too.

• Thank you all so much for the fantastic tips and advice! I am really grateful :)

• Hey Vickoii ,I used to weigh about 15 stones at 18 y.o., I began running as a passion and coupled it with football(not the american sport) and I'll tell you by experience the key to losing weight/being healthy is DISCIPLINE.I now weigh 12 stones at 20.In general avoid binge eating and avoid crisps,beer,fried chicken and the likes of it(of course, keep a 'treat day' every 15 days to reward yourself).Most importantly, be cheerful and ENJOY YOUR EXERCISE, whatever it may be.Cheers! :)

• Hi, I started with having breakfast then a bigger lunch then smaller meal at night...or small lunch and bigger meal at night...but not too late in the evening...but eating meals three times a day and counting calories..helps...

You may also like...