Snacks

Lets have a list of the best snacks if you get a bit peckish between meals.

I try a few dried fruits but I worry the sugar content is too high..

Any other tasty alternatives..

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Carrot sticks are my favourite! I struggle because I don't have a massive sweet tooth so would prefer to snack on something savoury than piece of fruit, but you're quite limited with healthy options!

• As Zoe Harcombe might say, if you continue to snack between meals, when are you going to be able to burn fat for fuel?

My favourite meal 'accompaniments' are home-made nut butter with coconut, whipped double-cream, or cheese (sometimes with oatcakes).

• Sliced cucumber, red pepper and spring onions to dip in houmous

Clementines

Strawberries

Some of the weightwatchers snacks are really nice and low cal too

• Wasa slice (crisp rye bread) and 15g of smelly full fat cheese - 70cal

• Don't snack between meals. Hunger won't kill you and it passes in minutes if you have a drink and keep busy. The problem nowadays is that we're used to nibbling all day long and that's how we got too large in the first place!

• Hi gingernut,

This thread is for those of us who like to have a little nibble between meals. I'm looking for suggestions of what they should be but thanks for the abstinence advice anyway haha.

• Talking of nuts... I enjoy a few almonds every now and again, about 10-15g. If you have time, chop them, toast them and drizzle some honey on them. Also nice to stir into a plain Greek yoghurt :)

• I rarely snack myself these days, I tend to have less structured meal times, so if I hit a point where I am very hungry I'll often eat a meal if that makes sense. But if I was to snack then it would be maybe an egg, small avocado, cheese, a couple of squares of 90% Dark Chocolate or my absolute favourite Fresh Coconut. I love nuts but often find I can't leave them alone once I start eating them, I need one of those pet food dispensers that delivers a portion once a day at a set time! :)

• Might sound silly. But you could always but a handful in little food bags. So whenever you feel peckish you can take a little bag and eat it all! ;)

• I used to do that, I'd decant the Tesco 750g Almonds into freezer bags 50g each with 4 brazil nuts in each and it worked quite well. I guess I am disappointed if I am honest that there is still a food that is still able to make me lose control.

You may also like...