Day 1 - exercise at home

Hi

Have just done my first 20 min work out - bums, tums and thighs. I did not know how unfit i had become. All that said, once my 11 year old had left the room laughing and my 19 year old advising me the best way to warm up i set to it. Having completed the workout i feel strangely energized, I would recommend this to all who don't want the cost or the uncomfortable feeling of walking into a gym at this time.

My first weigh in this morning also, i have lost my first kg or the 21 i need to lose which is great. Come on all - we can do it xx

Chrissy

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning chrissy,

I ve been getting some exercise in of a different kind.... decided to sort out the junk cubard in my bed room... lots of heavy boxed...like you I didn't realise how unfit I was... feel like I have had a good work out...next to tackle the hoovering.... 1st weigh in on Thursday...

• Housework is just as good. i think its about being mobile rather than couch. Good luck with the healthy eating this week and let me know how you get on on Thursday

• Well done, and I have problems trying to excersise with my kids around, as soon as I'm on the floor, they think it's time to jump on me, I was meant to start but I haven't, I'm going to start with the school run, at least I'll get an hour to myself, and it does energise the body, I think it's the, feeling good about yourself for starting, and getting the blood flowing, apparently we are ment to warm up and down,

Good luck

Zoe xx

• Def recommend the warm up and cool down. My legs have been killing today when walking down the stairs. xx

To keep me motivated i am trying to set myself a small goal. Today it was not snacking between breakfast, lunch and finishing work. 5.30 reached and i had achieved it.

• Well done. I'd also suggest that you make a date with your 19 year old to do some joint exercise - walking, running, whatever and then move onto taking the eleven year old to do something like climbing a hill (not too steep) closeby or just a half day of dedicated window-shopping - which will also keep you moving.

Well done to have started - my bicycle is still leaning up in the hallway, crying to be used. In my head, I am thinking that I'd go out if only there was someone who'd ride with me while I made a fool of myself. However, now I will wait until the weather is a bit better then got on with it. You have given me a start.

• thank you. i have not ridden a bicycle for over 30 years. Good on you. The first step is always the hardest.

You may also like...