Want to lose 2 stone in 4 months?

Hello, I'm 22 and 5 ft 4 weighing 12 stone 8. I've never been this big before in my life and it's starting to really get me down. Since meeting my fiance three years ago I've put on three stone and it is just consistently going up. I have a cross trainer and have tried to use it for 30 mins each day but keep making excuses and missing 3-4 days at a time. I need motivation please and help! We don't eat terribly but I'm in a very inactive office job and feel tired and lazy all the time. I used to go to gym but we can't afford it anymore as it is £50 a month and we've just moved into our first flat. I absolutely loved gym and got to a point where I was addicted to exercising and I just want to get back to that. We want to try for a baby soon but I'm adamant I want to be a healthy weight before that.

What I really think I need is support and someone to report back to each week would be amazing. Any takers? New to this..

Thanks x

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hi there ,

im in a slight same situation myself . im 21 one and also been with my boyfriend for three years , in this three years i have put 5 stone on now weighing 11 stone i wish to loose a stone a first , are you looking to loose the same amount , maybe we could help each other ?

thanks francesca .

• Yeah I could definitely lose a stone! Ideally want to lose 2.5-3 stone in all but 1 would be amazing. I'm measuring my waist tomorrow morning and using that as a starting point as I have no scales at the moment!! But aim to get them asap!

• Have you heard of the 5:2 Diet?

explains more.

I lost three stone in six months, going from 12 stone 4 to 9 stone 4, size 16 to size 10, and the average weight loss is seven pounds a month. The best part about it is that once you get to the weight you want to be you just do 6:1 to maintain your weight loss. I've been the same weight now since April 2013. It's free too!

I'd also recommend the free NHS Couch to 5k running programme nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/... - there's a community for Couch to 5k on here too. It takes you from being a total non-runner to running for 30 minutes in nine weeks. I hated running at school and didn't start until I was 63 - if I can do it anybody can!

• Well don.

• Hi I was just woundering on the 5.2 diet do you actually eat anything and evreything you want on the 5 days or does that too have to be not too much as on the vid it said 2000 calories, I eat alot of chocolate you see

• Thanks - I think I'm actually gonna try that! Sounds like you got a really good result! Well done.

I've already completed couch to 5k but I found that running really messed my knees up! Hence why I got the cross trainer :-)

5:2 sounds really doable so I'm definitely going to give it a go :-) x

• Hi,

May not be an option but local council gyms are usually quite a bit cheaper. To my knowledge they have the same basic equipment and definitely enough to get you fit. Alternatively if you've got a little space in your flat but a rope. Start with a 10 minute routine trying 30secs-1min skipping with intervals of squats, lunges, sit-ups etc between. Don't know if you've skipped as an adult but it's certainly not easy! I find intervals less boring than a 30 min slog on machines.

Good look!

• I'm in the same boat, was a happy healthy size 8 when I met my fiancé, now in a 14! Carry a lot of my round my middle, we're planning to start a family next year but I want to loose at least a stone before then!! We eat very healthy so exercise is what I need to be doing! But I too make excuses, and with this cold weather after a long day at work I just want to go home & put my pjs on! I will happy be a buddy as I think I need one too, someone to give me a kick up the bum & motivation! :)

• We don't eat terribly either so it's definitely exercise I need to actually stick to (plus a bit of calorie counting). Let's do it :-) I want to do 30 mins on the cross trainer a day plus some toning like crunches etc. what about you?

• I've saved a 10min work out on YouTube, I have it on my TV, I'm gonna do this every morning and go to the gym 3-4 times a week I work so might not manage the gym 4 times every week which is why I'm starting the day with a workout! Hoping to increase the time of my morning workout but will see how I get on this week first! My only down fall is alcohol, don't drink loads but need to swap my wine for something with less calories!! Let me know how you get on this week, good luck x

• That's a good idea, good luck!

I'm going to do the 5:2 diet this week and do 30 mins on the cross trainer at least 5 days out of the 7! Luckily I don't even like wine but crisps are my absolute downfall!!

Have measured my waist and used the scales at work to weigh myself so we can check in with each other after week 1. Weigh in next monday? X

You may also like...