Day 5 of 84 (12 week plan)

My first day back (following 6 weeks recovery after an operation on my hip) went well, I'm very tired, but pleased with how it went. My pain levels stayed low and I planned my food well so I was able to remain in control.

I woke up with my partner at 6am and did us a poached egg on toast each, I had 50g of Cashew nuts and raisins for a mid-morning snack. Lunch was a boiled egg and salad sandwich on brown bread (no mayo or salad cream). Had 3 Jaffa cakes for an afternoon snack (only 129 calories for 3!) and am no cooking dinner ready for when my husband gets home. We're having Salmon fish cakes, sweet potato chips (slimming world style) and mixed veg.

All in all 1390 calories. So not bad at all! I could improve by having fruit as an afternoon snack.

I also managed to take our dogs out for short walk which felt great - I definitely think my hip is on the mend :-)

Weigh in on Thursday morning... Gotta keep up the good work!

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done and glad your op went well. Sounds like a good start im sure as you continue you will tweak what you eat, I know have, keep changing low cal snacks so I dont get bored.

If you have a sweet tooth meringue biscuits are great, and really low calorie :-)