Please Join Me for a Monday Weigh-in (29th... - Weight Loss NHS

Weight Loss NHS
101,749 members53,551 posts

Please Join Me for a Monday Weigh-in (29th September 2014).

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI

Hi everyone,

Last Monday I weighed 13 stone 8.4 pounds, and today I weigh 13 stone 5.2 pounds, so I've lost 3.2 pounds this week. I am really pleased to have lost some weight this week, as I had gained last week, and had been feeling disappointed. It's good to be losing again!

Thank you so much for all your encouraging comments, because they definitely helped me last week. Sometimes it can be more of a challenge to stay on track when unexpected weight gains occur. In the past I might have responded differently - e.g. by comfort eating. But instead I was able to put it into perspective, and just 'keep going' - doing my best to stick with healthy food choices and doing regular exercise.

My overall goal now is to be 12 stone 7 pounds by Christmas, but I hope to be 13 stone by the end of October, which will leave just 7 pounds to lose by Christmas. At the moment, I have 12.2 pounds to lose in total. The last stone is definitely the most challenging one for me!

Please do join me for this weigh-in to share your experiences. Everyone is welcome to join in - the more the merrier! Everyone is supportive and friendly. So please feel free to join in. :-)

Lowcal :-)

52 Replies
oldestnewest

That's wonderful news Lowcal. It's been a bit of a struggle for you recently, but you have always taken it in your stride and moved forward motivating us all. Congratulations, fantastic work and sure you will reach your goals. I read all your posts last week and although I couldn't weigh in I was with you all.

Well, we had a great 10 days in the UK. Did a lot of driving up and down the country, so not much time for exercise. I also developed sciatica in Southport, was bitten to death by mosquitoes in Kent and tripped in our hotel room in Hemel Hempstead, landing face down in the waste paper bin!!!! Lacerations from my nose to my cheek and a huge bruise down the left side of my face BUT I didn't allow any of it as an excuse for comfort eating!

The most we stayed anywhere was two days and we ate out three meals a day, except for one breakfast, one lunch and one evening meal. It was difficult but I was quite selective, although I succumbed to ordering an Eton Mess Saturday night, which was the first dessert all the time we were away. However, after the first two spoonfuls had gone down, I felt so guilty that I left the rest!

This morning I was dreading the weigh in, but I lost half a pound so feel quite pleased.

My goal for this week is to try to exercise gently despite the sciatica and at 14 stone 13 lbs, I want to lose a pound and a half to take me to 14 stone 11 and a half pounds which will be a grand total of 3.5 stone lost in total.

Well done to everyone who has lost this week and keep up the great work and for the non-losers, then stick with it and make this YOUR week because you want to do it and can do it. Good luck to you all X

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Candystripe

Hi Candystripe,

Thanks very much! Really glad you enjoyed your break in the UK. Sorry to hear you developed sciatica, and that you met with all those hungry mosquitoes! Also falling in your Hotel room and suffering those bruises and lacerations - sounds like more action than you had anticipated! Glad you didn't succumb to comfort eating as a result - well done for that!!! Hopefully your bruises will disappear quickly.

It's great that you've lost half a pound, despite being on holiday. That is really great! Your selectivity with regard to your food choices obviously paid off. That's brilliant.

You're making great progress, and hope you have another good week ahead.

Morning lowcal. Well done for sticking with it and achieving a loss this week :-) I have basically stayed the same, 0.5lb loss. However, it does mean that my scales have read 12st 13lb today which is great! I'd like to lose at least a pound this week. Getting under 13st was goal one and I'm going to have a facial as a treat, work is super stressful at the moment so hopefully it'll help me relax too. My next goal is 12st 4lb. I remember weighing this around 3-4years ago so it would be great to get back to that weight. Did you make it to the gym last week?

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to robyn89

Hi Robyn,

Thanks very much!

Really great to hear you've lost half a pound this week and that you've dipped into the 12's now - that must feel really great!!! You've achieved your goal of getting under 13 stone, and that is really great. I love the fact you're going to treat yourself with a facial. Hope you really enjoy it. :-) Hopefully it will help you to relax from the stresses of your work - sounds like it's a busy time.

No, I didn't make it to the gym! I can't seem to motivate myself to get back there yet... Hopefully I will get back one day in the near future...! I know I do enjoy it when I do get there. Perhaps when the weather dips, then I will be more likely to go to the gym - whilst it's still sunny it's nice to be out in the fresh air and walking. It's very foggy this morning so far, so not sure what the weather is going to be like.

Hope you have a good week.

Hi lowcal. Well done on the loss, its always good to see the scales go down isn't it! I've lost another 2 pounds this week taking my total loss to 2 stone 10. I'm really pleased with this as I was not as disciplined as I could have been this week and went over my calorie allowance several times! Not badly and I was always below 2000, but it is the principal of the thing for me!

I've contined with my couch to 5k this week and am now running for 25 minutes, much easier now there is less of me to get moving! I also went out on the bike yesterday and did about 17k in an hour and a quarter. I was really pleased with this as I pedalled the whole way, including up all the hills, and did not stop for a rest at all! I must be getting fitter!

Good luck with the next week and I hope we all continue our downward trend!

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to catch

Hi Catch,

Thanks very much. :-)

Congratulations to you for losing 2 pounds this week - that's really great. You're making excellent progress.

Great to hear your exercise is going so well - your bike ride yesterday sounded impressive, that's a good distance in an hour and a quarter. Pedalling up hills is challenging, so well done for keeping going! You sound like you're getting fitter for definite.

Yes, let's hope the downward trend continues, and next week is another good week.

Well done, that is really impressive. I've not weighed myself for weeks head not in the right place, binging just not feeling good about myself. This morning jeans cutting me in half, dug out & dusted down scales. 11st 3.4lbs hope to be 2lb lighter by next Monday. Goal is 10st Thank you for inspiring me.

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to micky10

Hi Micky,

Many thanks to you for your kind words.

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling as if your head is in the right place over the past few weeks. But you've dusted down your scales, and taken the brave step to weigh-in today, and I'm really glad you've joined us.

You've set your weekly goal, and you're on your first day towards achieving it. Hope you have a great first week, and hopefully you'll be feeling both lighter and also happier as time goes on, and you will be getting closer to your overall goal. Setting small goals is the way to go - step by step is achievable.

Are you using the NHS website for some structured advice? It has a great 12 week programme to follow with some useful tips.

Have a great week.

Hi All

Wow what an eventful trip you've had Candystripe! All that and you managed to lose weight. That's really good going. And Lowcal - so glad to hear you're back into the major weight loss - do hope you feel it makes up for the tough weeks of little or no loss. And there's robyn off for a facial to celebrate a major goal. I've really got to knuckle under now. After my ups and downs over the last few weeks I'm basically stuck around 11 st. I put on this week - but considering my friend's 50th birthday celebrations included pretty much every major 'no-no' food group - i.e. full english breakfast, a chinese take away, Fish and Chips by the sea side, a champagne afternoon tea and of course Birthday Cake - to only be 1 lb heavier this morning is some what mirraculous, I'd say. I'm going to stick at it this week -especially as I've got another gathering this coming weekend - I feel it's pretty much damage limitation at the moment. I'm not giving up though. I won't.

All the best to all for another good week ahead.

Ruth xx

Candystripe
Candystripe7 stone
in reply to RMB398

Thank you Ruth and excellent work for yourself too. You must have done a lot right things and should be very proud of yourself. Hope you have a super time this weekend.

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to RMB398

Hi Ruth,

Sounds like you had a lovely time helping your friend to celebrate her 50th Birthday - congratulations on only being 1 pound up after all those tasty treats! Good luck with the further damage limitation plan for this week.

Hoping you enjoy the weekend gathering, and hope you have a good week.

Thanks also for your encouraging words.

Hey Micky -

Nice one. They are inspirational aren't they? I really understand the head not being in the right palce thing. Glad you're feeling inspired and here's to a great week for you too.

All the best

Ruth

Hi Lowcal,

Glad to hear you're losing again, it is difficult to keep going after an unexpected gain but it goes to show your head's in the right place now that you have been able to keep going and lost that weight :)

I have no idea what my weight is this week as my scales are broken :( Off to buy some new ones at lunch.

Will see you all next week hopefully we'll all be reporting a loss.

Good luck,

Kate

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to katedaniels

Hi Kate,

Sorry to hear your scales have broken. Were they under guarantee? Maybe you can get a replacement set. Hope you find some you like at lunchtime.

Thanks so much for your encouragement, and I hope you have had a loss this week when you get to weigh. Good luck!

Yes, let's hope we will be reporting a loss next week as well.

katedaniels
katedaniels
in reply to Zest

Hi Lowcal,

I couldn't find my receipt even though i've only had them about 6 months, bit of a mare. But after they were fairly useless (lots of fluctuating weight to start with by more than a stone!) I bought the argos colourmatch ones instead of splurging on WW ones again, so hopefully tomorrow I will have a consistent reading :)

I hope you beat that last stone and you reach your goal for Christmas.

kate

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to katedaniels

Hi Kate,

Glad you've got some new scales now. Hope tomorrow's weigh-in goes ok for you.

I will be so happy if I reach my goal for Christmas. I'm going to treat myself to a sparkly dress if I manage it!

Wishing you a great week with your new scales.

katedaniels
katedaniels
in reply to Zest

Got my fingers crossed that you get that dress :)

I like my new scales. I weighed in this morning at 15st 10lbs, which is 2lbs more than last week but 2lbs less than what the weigh house had me on Saturday so i think these ones may be more accurate, even if it is a little disheartening going up 2lbs.

Kate

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to katedaniels

Hi Kate,

I'm sure you haven't really gone up 2 pounds - it's far more likely to be the difference between the scales. Glad you like them and hope you have a great week ahead.

suzybenj
suzybenj1 stone

Hi LC- super well done for keeping focussed and getting great results:-)

My week was rubbish as predicted- and I was not disciplined. At the weekend I was in London - lots of eating out. So it was with a heavy heart I went on the scales this morning- but lo and behold a whole pound gone. I really don't know how I managed that - but will take it as a sign from the weightless fairies as encouragement and faith. So suddenly feeling very motivated...I hope that will last for at least an hour and maybe the rest of the week:-)

Happy weight loss and good luck everyone:-)

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to suzybenj

Hi Suzybenj,

Thank you!

Sorry to hear that you felt your week was 'rubbish'. Hope you enjoyed your trip to London. I think it's amazing that you've lost a pound despite all that eating out. So perhaps you were more disciplined in the remainder of the week than you perhaps gave yourself credit for? I think you're right to feel motivated, and hopefully that newly found motivation will last far longer than an hour - and hopefully for the remainder of the week, so you can have another loss next week.

Have a great week.

Afternoon Lowcal!

So glad to see you're back to losing again! And everyone else seemed to have a good week, either losing or maintaining! Congrats all! :)

It completely slipped my mind to come on here this morning! I did weigh but after just realising I hadn't checked in I was eager to see every ones progress! :)

I have had another good week. I was feeling a bit rotten the last few weeks as I was struggling to lose but weighing again this morning, I have lost 1lb! I'm now down to 12st 5lb! After hitting my lowest weight in years last week, it feels good to be another 1lb closer to who I was! :D

My goal is 10st, but I am keeping my mini goal of 12st and will amend it as soon as I reach that. I'm hoping to get to 12st by the end of October, so if things keep going the way they are I should have no problem. I stuck to my calorie goals really well last week and even managed to get an extra days exercise in!

I should be moving into my first home in a few weeks time also, so I'm hoping all the chaos wont make me lose sight of my goals! Fingers crossed.

Well done to everyone and here's to another great week! :)

Sophie

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Artsoru

Hi Sophie,

Congratulations on losing 1 pound this week - that's really great. It's great that you're back on the 'losing trend' again after struggling to lose for a while - it shows that keeping up your resolve will pay off in the end. Really good! Well done for getting that extra day's exercise in last week as well.

Exciting to hear you're due to move into your first home in a few week's. Hope you cope ok with the upheaval, but imagine how lovely it will be to have your own place and be able to settle into it.

Wishing you a great week, and thanks for your encouraging words.

Hi Lowcal, glad you're losing again, and everyone else who's managed to get the scales moving :)

I've stayed the same this week which is not great but better than gaining I suppose. Not sure where my mojo is at the moment but I need to find it asap!! It's frustrating as all the exercise must be making a difference because folks at uni that I haven't seen since early summer, all keep saying I look really different and although that's lovely I keep thinking "yes but if I wasn't so weak willed I would look REALLY different!!!"

I'm due on this week which is the only time chocolate becomes an issue for me so I'm determined not to succumb and hopefully be on a downward trend by next week... Fingers crossed for you all for the next weigh in :)

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Fitforit75

Hi Chubbymummy,

It sounds like your exercise has definitely made some differences, as you've been getting all those positive comments from the folks at Uni. Try to challenge your 'yes but' thoughts - they are not consistent with the feedback you've been having from other people. Those people haven't seen you since early Summer, so they are going to notice the reality of how you've changed - and it sounds like you're looking good!

The fact you're pre-menstrual might mean you've hung onto the weight this week - hence the maintenance instead of losing it. Last week I put on over 4 pounds overnight as a result of being premenstrual and having eaten a particularly salty lunch one day. Thankfully it came off again.

Hope you cope ok with your chocolate cravings this week, and wishing you a really good week. Thanks for your encouraging words to me. They are much appreciated.

Hidden
Hidden

Hello everyone! Congratulations on all your progress; I've missed a week, as I too was away on holiday and had no way of weighing myself, and it seems like many of us, there were lots of temptations!

I was quite worried that the holiday was going to affect my progress with all the ice-creams by the seaside and cream teas! I did indulge a bit especially on the local cider... very hard to go tee total on this holiday (I haven't touched a drop since I started my diet). However, there was a pool where we were staying so that helped on the exercise side, plus lots of walks and entertaining a 2 year old.

So, when I went to weigh myself this morn, I was surprised to find I'm still progressing - 73.1kg wooHOO!

I'm still pretty much going gluten free and I've cut out sugar & dairy as much as poss. I've been scouring Pinterest for recipes and have had some success; yesterday I made some gluten and dairy free pancakes which were surprisingly good. I can't eat egg more than once a week thanks to ibs so finding this dairy free alternative should help with the sudden onset of pancake cravings which hit hard yesterday!

Still a away off from my goal of 65kg but I'm hoping to get there by xmas or my birthday in jan so I can fit back into my dress from 3 years ago *fingers crossed*

See you all next week :)

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Hidden

Hi Rollingsheep,

Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Sounds like you had a lovely time. It's great to hear you're still progressing with your weight loss, despite all those holiday treats. It shows that you've been successfully cutting out the sugar and dairy, and the pancakes you made sound delicious.

Wishing you another great week ahead.

Well done LowCal. Brilliant news and I am sure the exercise is quite a key factor in losing weight. I myself lost another 2lb this week so very happy with that which leaves just .8lb to reach 20lb in total. I would like to be around 12st by Christmas and 12st 7lb by the middle of November for my Ruby wedding.

I did up my exercise this week and done a total of 205 minutes which I'm sure helped.

Good luck for next week x

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to christine58

Hi Christine,

Thanks so much - I am very happy today!

I am also very happy to hear you've lost 2 pounds this week - that's fantastic! Well done for upping your exercise this week as well - like you say, I am sure it helps.

You're well on track for your goals, and that's great news.

Let's hope we have another good week ahead. Have a great week.

Hiya,

Well done Lowcal, great results in the last week. And I know how you feel: the last stone is definitely the hardest to lose. I'm meant to maintaining, but find I've put on 4lbs in the last 3 weeks. So, it seems maintaining requires effort and focus too! Luckily I'm still within a healthy BMI, so I'm considering the 4lb to be an early call to action, rather than a sign that I've "failed". I'm trying to manifest a Positive Mental Attitude!

My goal this week is honest and comprehensive food and exercise logging: that was my formula for losing the 15 kilos of excess weight, and that will be my formula for successful maintenance.

Good luck with the week ahead all,

burntsun x

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to burntsun

Hi Burntsun,

It is so easy to put weight on - it seems to go on much quicker than it sometimes comes off - quite a frustrating trait really! Great that you're still within the healthy BMI though - and I'm sure you'll get that Positive Mental Attitude in check to ensure you lose the few pounds you gained in recent weeks.

You have the formula and you can implement it, and before you know it, the pounds will be gone again.

Have a great week ahead. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Hi LC and all

Well done to you on your loss this week (and everyone who's lost)

At my weigh in with the NHS Health trainer this afty (week 7 of 12), this week i've lost 2.6kg/5.5lb - i cant actually believe it, cos although i've been really good with my food intake, it's wasnt much different to the previous week when i only lost 1lb.

Overall i've lost 8.9kg/19.6lbs since 11Aug, so i am over the moon. I still have a HUGE amount to go. I havent set an overall goal as i think that would be too overwhelming. So i'm going for littler goals of 4kg and then rewarding myself somehow (not food!). It's amazing how, although i'm still way obese, i'm beginning to feel better physically and emotionally.

Keep going everyone !

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Buzzers1968

Hi Buzzers,

Thanks very much.

Congratulations on your weight loss - 5.5 pounds in one week is quite a lot. You are wise to set yourself smaller goals - as a step by step approach is much easier and more motivating to achieve. It's really great to hear that you're feeling better physically and emotionally - and hope you have another great week ahead.

Hi Lowcal & a big well done to you. I've lost another 1lb, taking me to 11 stone 9lbs. We have a family party in 6 weeks so I'd really love to be just over the 11 stone mark - I have an outfit in mind & it would be fab to wear it - saying that I've had a few nice treats today, I can't understand why I'm feeling so hungry, maybe the colder weather?!? Target this week to stay focused. Good luck everyone xx

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to BudsofMay74

Hi BudsofMay,

Thank you!

Congratulations on losing a pound this week - that's really great. Good luck with your goal to stay focused this week - hopefully you'll be closer to your goal for your family party and can enjoy the new outfit you have in mind.

Maybe have some water or a cup of tea to stave off those hunger feelings tonight - maybe tea in view of your comment about the colder weather as it'll warm you up.

Have a great week.

Well done, your doing great. I have lost 2 st and have 1 more stone to go, currently weigh 10st 8lbs. I started at 12st 8lbs 14 weeks ago. The last stone need not be the hardest, up your excercise to get things moving. We will all spur hou on, goodluck..:)

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to tootsiepops

Hi Tootsiepops,

Thanks very much for your encouragement. Much appreciated.

Congratulations to you on losing 2 stone - that is so great!!! Yes, let's spur everyone on, to lose the remaining weight - we can do it!

Have a great week.

Morning ladies glad to see you are all doing so well, my mojo has gone, I am 10.11 this week still due to only a couple of wine free days and missing a couple of classes due to commitments, it's the same story this week so I am hoping to maintain. I won't have got to 10.8 by my holiday next week so will have to be mindful of what I eat, and drink! on hols!

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Prin

Hi Prin,

So sorry to hear your Mojo has gone - but hopefully the fact you're going on holiday very soon will help you to regenerate your batteries and you'll be back on track again. Hope you can have a lovely holiday and unwind and relax. Good luck with your goals to maintain in the meantime, and you can make some healthy choices on holiday as well.

Have a great week.

Candystripe
Candystripe7 stone
in reply to Prin

Dear Prin, please get that mojo back. When I have been on holiday, yes I am mindful about what I eat, although not perfect of course! I try and think ahead that perhaps for breakfast I will have a small bowl of fresh fruit followed by scrambled egg, a slice of lean bacon and wholemeal toast then for lunch I will have maybe a salad or a bowl of soup without the bread and then choose something from the menu in the evening but turn away the heavy carbs such as bread and potato. I am sure you will be quite active so you will still get exercise.

I also find that the change in my eating pattern boosts all those enzymes into action and gives them something more to work on instead of them getting lazy and not doing their job properly which is the same theory for when you plateau.

As you might have seen, I only lost half a pound when I returned from my holiday on Sunday but got right back on track yesterday and had a sneak preview on the scales this morning which told me that I had lost 1.5 lbs since yesterday morning when I did the weigh in.

So enjoy your holiday, be mindful but not neurotic and don't forget you are NOT on a diet but following a healthy life change. Realistically I hope that helps and you have a fab time. X

Well done you! Greta news. I had a few blips lately but I'm on track the last 2 days and back to where I was, 24lbs lost so far. I do get frustrated that I sometimes go to bed a bit hungry and don't lose anything for a few days. But it must be true that you should just keep going and slowly it will go. I'm going to be on your shoulder this week following your lead! See you next time! Good luck.

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to gilly57

Hi Gilly,

Thank you!

Glad to hear you have got over those few blips you mentioned, and that you're back on track again. You've lost 24 pounds in total, and that is amazing! Well done!

I was also hungry last night before going to bed. But I find that having a cup of tea or glass of water can help, and sometimes I will eat a banana, as it seems to help.

Here's to a good week ahead. Wishing you lots of success in your goals for this week.

Well done Lowcal & all the other 'losers' - alas, I weighed in at 13 st 4 lbs, this week, put on 2 lbs since last week, and just feeling my heart isn't in it at the moment. Like a few others here, I need to get my dieting mojo back - not helped by having been largely chair bound due to sore feet, but am going out riding today, plus a very gentle swim if I feel up to it.

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Bluehills

Hi Bluehills,

Thank you.

Really sorry to hear you've lost your mojo as well this week. It's very hard when there is a gain on the scales. You've got the difficulty of being mainly chair bound due to your sore feet, and that must be really challenging but you sound motivated today - as you're planning to go out riding, and for a swim if you feel up to it. That's really good and I hope you are able to manage both and that you really enjoy them.

Just stick with it, and you'll succeed in the end with perseverence. It's just a blip this week, and it can be overcome. Hope you have a lovely ride, and a relaxing swim later, and that you have a good week. Hope your feet feel better soon.

Bluehills
Bluehills
in reply to Zest

Thanks. without the encouragement of this site, I would have thrown in the towel by now & had another failed 'diet'. Instead, I'm trying to take a long term view & adjust my food choices for life. I had a diagnosis yesterday that this is a permanent condition, so I have to make the best of it and losing weight is an important part of that.

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Bluehills

Hi Bluehills,

Really glad you're still on board and that you're motivated to continue. At least you know what to expect now that you've had your diagnosis, but I'm sure you will need time to process that and come to terms with it. Like you said, losing weight will be an important part of your onward progress and try to keep as positive as you can and keep going. Adjusting food choices for life is the way to go.

Have a good week.

Well done you

Hidden
Hidden

Hi Lowcal

It's been a while since I last posted - in fact it was just after my last post that things got a bit difficult. Despite sticking to the diet plan, my weight stayed the same. Week after week. I noticed my clothes continued to get looser and people commented that my face was getting slimmer but my weight stayed constant. The week I gained half a pound was the worst. I had just been taken off my BP meds and I think the only thing that kept me going over those few weeks was the sheer determination of not having to take them again. My weightwatcher leader seems to think BP meds can act as a diuretic and my body was just restoring my fluid levels to normal. Makes sense but it was hard pyschologically not to see a weightloss in light of the effort I was putting into eating sensibly.

Well yesterday I weighed in at 12st 6lbs which was a pound loss from the previous week bringing my total weight loss now to 29.5lbs.

My short term targets are 12st by mid November and 11.5st by Xmas, my ultimate goal is 11st.

When I was feeling down, I concentrated on what I had lost so far and how much better off I am for my weightloss now. It really did help.

Goodluck this week.

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to Hidden

Hi Bigmumma,

Great to see you again! So sorry to hear things got a bit difficult for you after your last post. It must have been really hard to try to keep going when you weren't getting any changes on the scales, but at least the people around you were able to see the changes. It's great that your face is looking slimmer and your clothes are getting looser. Really good!

Hopefully your fluid levels might have stabilised again by now, and you can hopefully begin to see the losses on the scales. You've lost a pound this week, and congratulations for that - that's really great. Wow, you've lost nearly 30 pounds already, that's amazing.

Glad you were able to get through that difficult time, and really glad you joined us today to share your experiences. Hoping you have another good week ahead, on the way to achieving your goals.

Hi low cal

Great to read everyone is losing or motivated to try again.

Well I haven't weighed myself as it was last Friday afternoon Dr weighed me but my scales say 12stone12lbs so although this is a false read for many reasons (time of day,different scales etc) this will be my new starting weight,however I do feel I have lost something this week as work trousers are more comfortable around waistband:-) have a great weekend everyone

Nicci

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to highbmi

Hi Nicci,

Great to see you. :-)

Glad to hear you feel you've lost some weight this week - and you've got your new starting weight now, so that is great!

Hope you have a good week ahead and that all goes well. Have you set yourself any specific goals for this week? Whatever you're doing, hope it goes well and you enjoy it.

Hi, I have just weighed in today after my first week on the plan , last week I weighed 14 stone and this week 13 stone 11 pounds It may not be a great weight loss but I know you are supposed to take it steady so that's what I am doing and I am here for the long haul I need to lose 4stone altogether but I am taking it 1 stone at a time .

Zest
ZestHealthy BMI
in reply to maza1

Hi Maza1,

Thanks for joining this weigh-in - but you could also add to the current one (look for the dates on the posts - you've joined the September one instead of today's date (20th October). However, I just wanted to say that I think it's great that you've lost 3 pounds in your first week, that is really great. Usually there is larger weight loss in the first couple of weeks, but after that it is healthy to lose up to 2 pounds per week and not more than that.

Do join us for the weigh-ins, and look out for the current date at the top so you're adding to the current one.

Have a great week.

You may also like...