No weight loss

I am on 150mg of Levo and 20mcg of T3. I exercise 6 hrs per week doing various classes at the gym such as body attack, body combat and circuits as well as swimming and regular gym. I am on a calorie controlled diet of 1200 calories. Over the last 4 months I put on 5 pounds and can't shift it. I am feeling very frustrated and disheartened that all my efforts are for nothing! Do others have similar struggles? I booked an appt with my GP to review my meds. I am 47 and perimenapausal. Look forward to your replies.

3 Replies

• Just eating 1200 calories you'd think you'd lose weight but it doesn't happen because your body hangs on to those calories.

I lost three stone in six months on the 5:2 Diet - this little video explains it very well

and it's extremely effective. Also exercising in a fasted state means that you burn fat.

• What you eat is just as important as how many calories you eat. I need to keep my carbs fairly low and avoid processed carbs/sugar.

Hope your doctor will be of some help.

Perhaps this link may be of some help to you.

• Maybe you are building muscle, maybe you have allowed portion sizes to creep up - don't know but maybe you could measure yourself instead of weighing as that would help to indicate whether you are getting bigger or firmer.

You may also like...