Compensatory gym session

Compensatory gym session

I've had a couple of less healthy days, unfortunately. By that, I mean not getting round to going to the gym/swimming and instead heading to the shops (I suppose it involved a fair amount of walking though). I had a veggie bean burger from Burger King too yesterday. It's not something I normally do, but my mom and I were waiting around to be picked up after buying all sorts of sports gear (my long overdue new trainers included). Hopefully the bean burger isn't quite so unhealthy as the 'normal' burgers they do there.

However, today has been pretty productive. I've been feeling quite tired so had a nap but following that, went to the gym this afternoon. Second session.

It went well. I was feeling quite energetic by then, and ended up staying for two hours. I cycled for just short of 10 miles, rowed over 2000 metres and did some work on the resistance machines and exercises on the mats. It turns out that I am quite happy to do any exercise provided it's sitting or laying down! Haha! That isn't to say that I don't feel like I've worked myself today and I did break into a bit of a sweat.

I'm not sure what my plans are for tomorrow... I may well end up going for another swim.

Sara :)

9 Replies

• Well done you. I'm sure if you keep up the good work you will reap the rewards!

All the best,

• Don't bore yourself or the whole idea will become counter productive.

I'm suspicious of even veggie alternatives from such places despite all their claims. That may be unreasonable of me. And be careful of using gym as a "punishment". I hope you like it and if you end up disliking it you'll surely go less, then downward spiral. Don't beat yourself up and good luck.

• True, I don't want to think of it as a chore to go. Yesterday I was quite looking forward to it though and didn't force myself to stay that long :) thanks

• good on you! let us know your weight loss this week.

• Well done Sarah! I like your trainers, I am getting new ones by the end of the month. Hope you have fun going for your swim today!

• Thanks :) swimming was put on hold today but I definitely want to go tomorrow..

• hi Sara,

you seem to have put your less healthy days behind you with lots of exercise. thanks for your sharing your thoughts and ideas with me, it will help encourage me to be more healthy and exercise a little more.

You may also like...