start losing 24 February 2014

There seems to be some desire to join a group starting on the specified date.

Whilst the right-hand side of the page has pinned weigh-in threads they appear to be for people who started about 8 weeks ago (all those New Year resolutions). We could join those threads but at the relevant week.

For this Week 1 - first Monday weigh-in, would you like to reply with your starting point and your committed/planned weight loss?

I expect to weigh-in at 11 st 10 lb (164 lb) and BMI of 29. In 12 weeks I should just edge down into the Healthy Weight category.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Knotty, good idea.

I weigh 10 stone 13 today. I need to reach somewhere between 8 and 8 1/2 stone to be within healthy BMI range.

I have a liver enzyme deficiency which interferes with the speed of sugar metabolism, this means I can't drop intake too low and have to be careful when exercising or I get a temporary hypoglycaemia. Doesn't stop me from losing weight but I have to go slow and steady.

Therefore I'm not going to set myself a weekly target. as long as I'm gradually losing and not putting any back on I'll be happy!

• So that's two of us with medical conditions which can affect weight loss (mine is hypothyroidism).

Up to now I've made gradual progress:

On 1 January 2011 13 stone 11 lb.

On 1 January 2012 12 stone 13 lb

On 1 January 2013 12 stone 6 lb

On 1 January 2014 11 stone 8 lb

(so over-indulged recently to reach 11 st 10 lb)

I want to push harder for an event in early June - meeting people I haven't seen for at least five years.

You may also like...