muscle v's fat

Just joined to keep me focused. Joined a gym 4 weeks ago and have really thrown myself into it. Attending 5 sessions per week 3 90-100 min moderate/high cardio sessions, a 90 min yoga class and a 60 min body balance class. I have been regulating my calories to 1400 day plus the calories I'm burning in activity. My weight remained static although I do feel more toned and my muffin top is definitley less noticable. Just weighed myself this morning and have lost 1kg overnight!!!!! is this ok????

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It is normal for a person to lose 1kg overnight. Your blood glucose goes a little higher than usual, and replenishes what has been used during the day, plus you lose fluid through respiration and sweating.

For a 90 minute session, you need only raise your heart rate to an average of 120+ beats per minute to stimulate an improvement in heart/lung function. However, you then need to allow at least 24.2 hours after the cessation of that session for the growth/improvement to take place. Working yourself too hard, too frequently, will raise your stress hormones that then has a knock on effect to your insulin levels, making it difficult to lose weight.

• Thanks for this, On hindsite I probably might be overdoing it. I was hitting 150 -170 bpm for some of my workout. Will ease back thanks

• I'm on maintenance calories now but used to regularly eat 1800 calls plus some of my exercise calories burned. I wear a heart rate monitor and stock up on carbs if I'm doing a lot of running or high intensity aerobics. I've also built up my exercise routine and do an hour every day.

• early days for me and a lot of learning needed. Thanks

• I weigh nearly every day, a trip to the loo even an affect weight greatly!

• Interesting :?

• Try a before and after you might be surprised my scales are ww and do 1/8 oz!

• Thanks I think I prefer to measure fat loss though. My initial weight plateau due to over exercising has now moved. So far so good I'm noticing a daily reduction of .2kg/day. If I keep going at this rate I should reach my target weight by the end of October :)

You may also like...