Nail problems

Nail problems

Hi all

Sorry new to this site so not sure if I'm posting in the right place!

I have no idea what's up with my nails but they have these white patches in the middle of the nails- it's on all fingers but most obvious on thumb nails?

I also only have lunula on thumbs and hardly any cuticles on any of my fingers? No idea if this is related to above problem but thought I'd mention it.

Seems really petty going to doctors for such a small thing so wanted to see whether anyone on here knew what it might be.

5 Replies

• I don't know if anything wrong, when I had my first baby I remember asking the health visitor if something was wrong with her nails as they looked yellow she told me to see the gp who said it was the sun! But reassured me that I did the right thing asking. Many years later ive learnt that the medical profession can tell a lot by your nails, I was told I had psoriasis just by my nails. It seems we have lines, ridges, bumps and colour change that can tell if something is not right.

What I'm trying to say is, don't feel silly getting someone to check them out, better to be safe than sorry. Whilst gp's are really busy they are there for all sorts and reassurance is one of many. 😉

• I have issues with my nails, as well, but they seem to split before they break. How would you "fix" the problem, or should someone see a doctor about that type of issue?

• Nothing wrong in asking the doc or even pharmasist, it could be a calcium deficiency?

• Thank you! Will check into it.

• Please go and see your GP, may be a blood test to check some elements?

You may also like...