Boost your quality of life

No one likes going to the doctor, but the NHS Health Check isn't designed to scare people.

Quite the opposite – it can spot signs of trouble early and give you the tools to improve your health and wellbeing, leading to a longer and happier later life.

Taking simple steps to improve your lifestyle – such as eating more healthily, doing regular exercise, drinking sensibly and losing excess weight – can dramatically increase your chances of being able to live life to the full as you get older.

The NHS Health Check is a great way to motivate you to make these changes. Research has shown that even a brief chat with a health professional is very effective at encouraging you to do more exercise – and stick to it.

Find out more and read inspiring stories from people at a similar stage of life:

Oh, and happy Friday!

Last edited by

3 Replies

• Hello,

Thank you, yes it does help. Even today I read an article in the copy of the mail. Why postpone going for health check or going to your GP!!

A simple check like blood test can help to a better quality of life.

go for health check!

• Thank you very much for this, and I agree with bala, as it really does help. I have had my check and discussed it with my GP, so I am very happy with the system.

Thank you

• Once again discussing things the Daily Mail write - they are not health experts, they are newspaper salesmen. Do we really want to turn to such people for health advice? Far better to turn to the health service - but then also make our own decisions based upon being expert patients!

You may also like...