I was sent to see a specialist back in July. I had several types of treatment and it was decided I needed an operation. I went to see the surgeon on 5/11/15 who advised it would be done within 18 weeks. Now I'm not stupid enough to think it would be done within this time but I was a little concerned I hadn't heard anything. My 18 weeks was up last Thursday (10/03/16) I contacted the appointments dept at the hospital who informed me that my op probably wouldn't happen until May but they really couldn't actually tell me if it would even happen then. I wrote to PALS who basically said whilst they understand my frustration if there were no beds there was nothing they could do and patient safety is paramount.
Now .... I completely understand and not really one to get aggravated but I have ended up in A & E on 3 occasions and have had to cut down my hours at work and am now getting a little irritated.
Is there anything I can do. Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks x