NCT
26,896 members10,865 posts

a little stupid one but...

What is the difference between hiccups and movement. I think I feel my baby moving a lot at certain time of day, and sometimes not as much. But I have not really been able to figure out if there are any hiccups. Actually I dont know the difference between the two. Today an aquaint mention, that I might be mistaking hiccups with movements, so now I am confused.

How does hiccups feel like ? Is it something to be worried about? When do you normally start feeling the hiccups (if at all feeling them)?

I am now 24 weeks 5 days

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Its like a jumping movement. I never felt them with my first but my second was hiccuping all the time. You will know if its a hiccup im sure :)

Mmm well at 28 weeks 1 day, I feel kicks, jerky movements, rapid very short movements and pressure, not sure if I can tell the difference?

Fom about 24 weeks they reckon any hiccups, nothing to worry about :)

I am 33 weeks now and just for the last week my baby has had hiccups at least twice a day, generally after I have eaten - It's very cute.

I can tell the difference because instead of actually feeling it moving around you'll just feel a little jolt and it will come every 3 or 4 seconds. You'll know when it's hiccups, it feels quite different to normal movement and it's perfectly normal :-)

x

My little one has hiccups about 4 times a day! It's perfecty normal as they swallow fluid. You'll know if it's hiccups cos it feels like................hiccups :)

You can tell if it is hiccups because the movements are rhythmic and repetitive. Some babies have them, some don't, Sometimes my wee one has them several times a day! I find them a bit annoying....!

I'm also 24 weeks! My little one has them thoughout the day, they feel like little jolts that come one after another with a gap of around 2-3 seconds. I usually know the difference as the kicks are always more firm. Don't worry i'm sure you will be able to notice the difference soon.

Hey ladies thanks for replies. I think I can make out the hiccups now and they seem to be more frequent. But I was earlier thinking them to be the kicks as they were always during a specific time or when I eat etc and now it seems I am so off-track with the baby movement. Probably I would download the baby movement recording chart and start noting if I dint figure out a pattern today. Feeling so stupid really !!

My baby has hiccups at least once a day. LunaD is right that they are rhythmic and repetitive, and so distinguishable from kicks, punches etc. They are also lighter / fainter than other movement xx

You may also like...