NCT
24,246 members9,911 posts

Pain in Bum

hiya ladies,

So my bum hurts like hell - the pain is not really in my back but in my bum cheeks :P

And at times it makes me feel as if they stayed back on the chair/bed while rest of me got up (so its actually as sharp as part of you tearing away)

I need to ask my husband to help me get up at times, or really wait patiently before I can make a slow move in the effort of getting up. On the other hand my back feels really relaxed when inclined forward (like in a position where while sitting cross-legged you want to touch the floor with your chin)

Also, feeling little jammed in my right knee, it difficult to keep my legs hanging or sitting cross-legged (which is strange as sitting cross-legged is something which used to be the most comfortable position for me all these years)

Anyone else experiencing this in their second trimester ?

I told this to my mid-wife but she only made a noting on my file and nothing else, no advise etc.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

I've never experienced this in the 2nd trimester but I don't think this is something to be too worried about, I guess it's your body expanding & prepearing itself for the special delivery comming soon.

I hope so :)

is the pain in your butt cheeks? I'm just think psd have u heard of it? x

no I have not heard of PSD what is it ?

and yes the pain is in my bum cheek - but only while I try to get up - so its a little momentary. Should I be worried (although I dont want to be). Also I dont seem to have any UTI as just got test for that on 19th March so bit unusual and cant really make out what it is

siatica? does the pain run down the back of ur leg? could be where the baby is laying at the moment, pressing on a nerve, psd is pelvic symposis disorder (wrong spelling sorry) it is where the cartilage between the pubic bone softens too much of I remember rightly, Google it...I had it mildly but can be really bad, doesn't sound like u have it, pls don't worry,bet it's just where the baby is leaning on xx

sorry its spd!!

Thanks for letting know :). I would ask my GP to diagnose coming monday if possible. I guess its the hormones, but dont want it to get worse, still have 16 weeks and few days to go ideally ;)

And yup the baby seems to have changed position too, as after a rather quite day I can now feel her jumping around at a completely different corner !!

Yep, I've got exactly the same problem with my bum. It's really painful and overwhelming sometimes , as finding a comfortable position is impossible. I don't know what it is either and I'm 32 weeks now , it's really getting me anxious about labour as I don't know what to expect. Tho I have Two boys already but it's been really different this time and I'm worried .

I had something similar I think between 9-12 weeks. A sharp shocking pain at the top of one of my bum cheeks and it normally happened when I was walking. It has stopped now. I think it's just one of the wierd things that happens as your body makes space for your baby. If it doesn't get better you should speak to your doctor/midwife x

Yeah I read that too after being told about SPD by babymother - but is it not a little early - like I am only 24 weeks - fixed an appointment with the doctor tomorrow - I hope he/she would be able to put my mind at rest :)

When I was pregnant with my first (now 9 weeks with 2nd!) I got excruciating pains in the middle of my bum cheek! My friend is an osteopath and gave me a little massage which helped but her best advice was to sit on a hard chair with a tennis ball under your bum cheek and roll it round where it hurts by moving your body! At first it was so painful but then it eased off - essentially it was a self massage! Hope that helps!!

thanks for the great advise. I would try rolling on a tennis ball :D (it just sounded bit funny to me :P)

I thought so too when she told me but it really helped! You do look a bit silly though! Hope it helps! X

I have been getting that same pain in my bum cheek! It is funny the things we experience whilst pregnant! :)

You may also like...