Does anyone else use rosehip oil and is it safe to use during pregnancy?

I've been using this on my skincare for a number of years and now wondering whether it is safe to use during pregnancy, The brand i use says it contains bio-available trans-retinoic acid (vitamin A) I've been trying to do some research on the internet and some pages seem to suggest it is fine to use during pregnancy but i want to be sure that it's OK to use because of the vitamin a content! Has anyone else sought advice on this?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the community

Connect with people like you to talk about challenges, surprises, questions and joys that come with pregnancy, birth, and becoming a parent.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh yeah vitamin a is to be avoided, check with a pharmacist, or health food shop, think they would be able to shed Some light on it,, but then again it would say in the bottle not suitable door pregnant women, where do u buy it from, could u check with them? Sounds like good stuff thou! Wouldn't mind trying it myself :-)

• Afraid Vitamin A is to be avoided - it's linked to possible harm to the foetus. I know because suffer from skin problems myself and bought some cream to use in early pregnancy only to realise I couldn't use it anymore.

• Try using bio oil instead expensive but brilliant :)

• Hey I got bio-oil at the pound store the other day while I was hunting for compost !! :) surprises and good ones ;)

• It's retinol Vitamin A, from meat, that needs to be avoided when choosing supplements. Check with your pharmacist/midwife/health food store x

• Hi all

I spoke to my midwife and she said tit was fine to continue using the rosehip oil as it would only be a problem if you were ingesting vitamin a through food. By the way, Bio-oil also contains vitamin A having looked at the ingredients so i don't think they would be recommending that for use in pregnancy if it wasn't safe either! :)

• *it* not tit - oops!

You may also like...