9 weeks 5 day midwife appointment need help..

Hello I have already called the maternity unit and they told me my appointment will be on 20th March. I will be 9 weeks 5 days. Is it late or in how many days approx. will the scan arranged? In your case in how many days after did you go to scan?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You normally see them around 8-10 weeks so it is normal They are pretty quick in issuing scan dates out at the hospital. I got my scan date via letter a few days after my appointment and had the option to ring if the date/time wasn't appropriate. I think the date on the letter was within 2 weeks of my appointment. The scan doesn;t always fall bang on 12 weeks but they normally do. Good luck I know it is very exciting the first scan as you just want to see everything is ok in there and then obviously share your amazing news (if you already haven't).

• thanks for the reply. I hope so in UK the system is too late:(

• its not too late, everyone is different, I didn't even find out I was pregnant till I was 7 weeks so they couldn't of done it any earlier,

• I had my midwife appointment at 10+6, got my letter the following Tuesday, my scan was then 12+4. Normally they are pretty fast in issuing scan appointments or they are at my local.hospital.

• Scan should be between 11-13 weeks if your concerned give the midwife a call just to double check....no harm in asking, I got my midwife app and scan date in the post together, even thou they are on different dates

• I am 7 weeks+ pregnant and I have not booked an appointment with the midwife? Or the GP?Is it too late? I was hoping to book it when I am around 8 weeks as I previously read on here that if you book it too early they don't see you anyway until you are between 8-12 weeks? Is this right? Somebody please help?????

You may also like...