Could i be preggers??

Hi guys. I recently had a miscarraige (last month) and have had a little bleeding since. The nurse put me on medication (co-amoxiclav and metronidazole) to speed up the bleeding and clear any infection if there is any. Since then me and my partner have had intercourse. I have had the lightest bleeding, but have took a pregnancy test again which has turned out positive. What shoukd i do or is it just hormones from the miscarraige?

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It can be hormones for previous ones and it might also be possible that you were carrying twins at the first place (as it happen with a lot of women). Stay clam and positive and little patient, maybe repeat the test after a month or so or go for an early scan to make sure (although I am not sure how much early it is for you and how much the scan can actually help, but that surely is an option.)

x

• O ok. Do u know how long after a miscarraige it willk take to conceieve?

• Hiya, when I had a miscarriage last year I was told up to two weeks I could still turn a test positive with left over hormones, but also I was t my most fertile straight after, so u could be pregnant, I would test again in two weeks

• Hmm ok. I miscarriaged beginning of last month, but bled for a while so had to take medication to stop and took a test last night and it came out positive. Im confused

• Well I reckon u are pregnant, your misscarriage was over four weeks ago so no remaining hormones should be left! Test again in a few days, but sounds like u are to me. Good luck and fingers crossed, are u excited?

• I had a miscariage on the 12th of November and because the sac refused to come out naturally I had a dilatation and curretage under Anaesthetic on the 26th Nov. I had a positive pregnancy test until last week and now it has become negative. So I have tested positive for almost 5 weeks from the date of miscarriage. I also had pregnancy symptoms like nausea and super sense of smell. The dilatation went well and everything was removed and only had a light bleed for 2 days after. Out of curiosity I did an ovulation test a week after dilatation and it showed I was ovulating. After miscarriage most women are super fertile. I was not given any antibiotics as it was not hospital policy unless if there is symptoms suggesting an infection. I was also told i could try straight away, the one month advice is for dating purposes. Good luck and all the best.

• Thank u very much for ur advice and help. I have a appointment on the 4th of jan so untill then i guess everything is up in the air. If i am pregnant i would b very happy, but at the same time a bit worried incase i miscarry again. I miscarried at 8 weeks so until the 12 weeks pass ill b slighty worried. I havent told my partner as i dont wanna excite him and its not good news. Thank u again x

• I was testing every 3 days due to pregnancy symptoms so, the test was positive until friday 21st december and went negative 23rd december. All the best.

• I have an appointment on the 4th of jan so ill see what they say then. But thanku for ur help

• Hi BabyJ, Apparantly the hormone can stay in your body for anything up to 8 weeks. Good luck with your scan, please let us know how you get on as I am in exactly the same postition as you but I have got to wait until 12th Jan arrgg it is frustrating.

• Yeah ill let u kno how it goes. I feel ur pain, all i want to know is whats going on!!

• I completely understand, all the best for the new year to you and to all of us trying xxxx

You may also like...