Is it normal for school children to get cold after cold? - NCT

NCT

48,747 members15,758 posts

Is it normal for school children to get cold after cold?

Shaze12 profile image

My daughter is 6 she has had 2 back to back colds.. she was coughing all night last night and now sound asleep.. in total she has had 3 colds so far.. this year. Is it normal?? Please help. Already spoken with the gp

9 Replies

Yes completely normal especially after not being around that group of people for a while. At nursery my little one constantly had a cold it's really difficult but is at least its building their immune system.

Thanks it's just so frustrating. Was meant to put school not pre school. She is in year 2

Yeh unfortunately it carrys on even to uni. It's why freshers flu is such a thing.

Thanks I feel better knowing it's the part of the norm. 😐

Yes normal my son had a cold every couple of weeks when he started preschool I literally counted over 13 in a year. However he’s 4 now and in reception and although he’s had a couple he’s been much better.

Shaze12 profile image
Shaze12 in reply to Lbel00

When my daughter was in reception it was really bad! She is in year 2 and hearing her get back to back colds so heart breaking! 😭

Shaze12 profile image
Shaze12 in reply to Shaze12

Last night was a good night there was no coughs.

I teach in year 2 and this term has just been full colds and illness due to all actually being together again! It’ll pass 😊

Shaze12 profile image
Shaze12 in reply to Rabbit88

Awww thanks for giving me reassurance. Alhumdulilah she is better now x

You may also like...