Please Help: I have light vaginal bleeding and have... - NCT

NCT

47,353 members15,595 posts

Please Help

xjas04_ profile image

I have light vaginal bleeding and have called 111 (from UK) and they said to just wait for a call back from them, however, they haven’t called me back. I have my 12 week ultrasound on Wednesday 1st September and I’m wondering if I should just wait until my ultrasound, since I’m not sure if just a couple of days would affect the outcome of the meaning of this light bleeding.

25 Replies

Did they not give you a timeframe for calling back? It's really not the best to get medical advice from over the Internet as we don't know the ins and outs, sorry that's probably not much help!

You could always call again in the morning if they haven't called back.

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to MissEd

They just told me to go to A&E

MissEd profile image
MissEd in reply to xjas04_

If they told you to go to A and E then I'd suggest you follow that advice.. I certainly would

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to MissEd

I am currently in A&E and waiting for multiple results of things

Call your midwife tomorrow. 111 are hopeless! Xx

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to Purpledoggy

My midwife is on holiday leave until the 6th

Purpledoggy profile image
Purpledoggy in reply to xjas04_

There should surely be someone else covering her patients? I thought most midwives worked as part of a team. Xx

xjas04_ profile image

As far as I know no one is covering her patients, she’s given me no number to call since he’s off until the 6th or anything

Also just to reassure you small amounts of bleeding are usually nothing to worry about. But it’s best to speak with midwife or GP xx

xjas04_ profile image

It’s bank holiday so GPs are closed until tomorrow

I know I meant call when they are open. Xx

Hi I had light vaginal bleeding with my daughter the day before the 12 week scan it’s normal some women do have it, just keep an eye on it

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to Hypo20061

Is brown a normal colour if you know?

Mine was brown at first then turned light pink but very light lasted a few days

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to Hypo20061

Mine is a very dark brown atm turning light

Hypo20061 profile image
Hypo20061 in reply to xjas04_

Just keep on eye on it and it u get pain just go straight and get checked

I had a huge bleeding one day before my 12 weeks scan. It was so intense that I thought I had miscarried. I went straight to the emergency and the baby was fine. I continued to bleed for more 3 days. If I were you I would go the Epau or hospital emergency to double check.

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to Rex2021

I’ve been to A&E and they did nothing for me. The bleeding is slowing down now. I’m just hoping nothing is wrong

Rex2021 profile image
Rex2021 in reply to xjas04_

Did they do a quick ultrasound or did they listen to baby's heartbeat? Sometimes they only monitor cases in which the woman is bleeding a lot.

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to Rex2021

They didn’t do anything because I had a scan in 2 days time. They just told me my hormone levels are normal and to wait until the scan

I would go straight to A&E

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to Paganpatrick

I did get seen to, they didn’t do anything but check my hormone levels and told me they were normal. I have a scan tomorrow so they just didn’t do anything. I wish they did scan me when I went in.

Sorry for such a short answer but I’ve seen you’ve been now. It’s just that my wife is a nurse and they don’t think your waiting their time, far from it. If you are pregnant or have a young child. So much better to be safe than sorry.

I hope everything goes well for you today. I had same problem on the 21st of August, started light bleeding and lucky enough I had a private scan booked that morning but I phoned a&e and they took 5 hours to phone back and told me if happens again phone but nothing they can do lol

xjas04_ profile image
xjas04_ in reply to RainbowSunx

The bleeding is on and off brown and red and it goes from very light to a little heavier

You may also like...