NCT
30,263 members11,930 posts

What do you do

What do you all do with your babies??

My LG is 10 weeks tomorrow, we go for a walk in morning or too the shops. In the afternoon we either, visit family or chill on sofa, napping and Netflix.

She then becomes awake around 5ish, has a feed and then I get her toys out and show her them, sing songs, pull faces.

Am I missing anything?

Should I be doing more with her?

27 Replies
oldestnewest

That sounds fine. We also did two baby groups a week and that would wear her out and she would sleep most of the day x

1 like

We starting baby massage next week, so hopefully that can be a weekly thing of every other week, see how she goes x

1 like

My little girl loved baby massage, it's a really great way to interact with your baby. I also take her to a musical class, just singing and using props. It's great and she loves that too.

What you're doing with your baby is fine. Chatting, singing and making lots of eye contact is sufficient at this age, and just the fact that you're meeting her needs, cuddling etc is enough. Does she have a play gym? They are suggested from 6 weeks (or younger if they look interested). X

1 like

Yes we have a play gym, she hated going on it, but she is starting too like it now, which is good. She loves it on her changing mat more, lol, we bring that on the floor and surround her with toys lol x

My little loves her changing mat too! She can be grizzly but as soon as you lay her down on her mat she's all smiles 😂 I bombarded my little girl with stimulation in the early days because I was so worried about "not doing enough", but they really don't need much at such a young age. My LG is 17 weeks now and is more interested in toys (putting everything in her mouth), and I read to her every night which she seems to enjoy. Babies can become overstimulated too, so playtime doesn't have to be for long stretches. I tend to 'wind down'in the afternoon and have cuddles on the sofa. X

1 like

See morning we go for a nice walk, then bottle and snuggle on sofa, then about 5ish she’s wide awake, that’s when we get toys out and sing songs. Then she has a little sleep before her last bottle around 9/9.30 xx

1 like

It sounds like you're doing enough for her. She'll be watching everything you do and say anyway 😊 xx

1 like

Oh yes she does, she doesn’t take her eyes of us. Copy’s everything we do and has the biggest smiles ever. Love seeing her first thing in the morning and her faces lights up, melts our hearts 🥰🥰

1 like

It's the best feeling. Wait until she starts laughing- it will melt you even more! X

1 like

She’s trying so much, what age do they do that? She’s making so much noise cooing and all that, would love too know what she’s saying 😂🥰🥰

I'd love to know too. My LG has some right good 'conversations' 😂 She first chuckled at 10 weeks but it was a one off, but she started to do it more and more a couple of weeks later and now she chuckles all the time, sometimes for seemingly no reason 🤷‍♀️😂

1 like

I think generally babies start to chuckle from 3/4 months, sometimes a bit later / earlier. X

1 like

Sounds like your doing fine hun... I need to take a leaf out of your book xxx

1 like

Nope, just keep talking to her, singing and showing toys etc. You are doing all the right things 😊 I think about 10 weeks I started a baby sensory class as well as a baby and toddler group at a church, more just to get out as most of the time she needs a nap right when the groups are on, it’s only baby sensory she stays awake for 😂 It’s nice to get out and meet other parents x

1 like

That’s the problem, all the classes are right when she has her feeds. It’s so annoying, as my LG can’t wait, when she she wants her milk, she needs it right that second 😂 that why I make the most of the walks, I am very lucky where we live, got the beach, nice canal to walk along. Which makes up for the classes we miss x

Do some of the classes not let you feed during them? I know we can feed during our baby sensory class as quite a few do, might be worth asking some of them if they have breaks etc (our baby sensory is in 2 half’s over an hour not to over stimulate them and for parents to chat) so it may be possible to get out more if you want. If not walks are fine, I do loads of them and it’s great for the both of you 😊 x

Oh yea I’m sure u can feed as the classes are under 1, so I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only 1. Im looking at getting LG some more toys, she hasn’t really got any toys as such, just teddy’s. x

They don’t need much but a few toys does help. We have a rattle, chew ring, balls, musical keys, soft book, comforter teddy, a small beatbo and it’s car, a ball with bits on it and a play gym and they are all still entertaining her 😊 Enjoy picking things, it’s lovely when they start picking stuff up themselves and then they start looking round for what they want to play with x

We have play gym, rattles, lots of teddy’s, musical book, but I want too get some musical colour light up toys. She loves baby tv all the bright colours x

That sounds like a great idea! I don’t have sky so don’t get baby tv, don’t know if that’s a blessing or not 😂 x

Sounds like you are doing a fab job 😊 I see you mention getting new toys, can I recommend making your own sensory toys? I bought some giant test tubes from amazon (plastic with screw top lids) & filled each one with something different ie water & different glitters, beads, sequins etc. My now 9month old loves them. Google treasure baskets too, Lots of fab ideas as they get older x

1 like

Oh wow, il look into all of that. Thank you x

I’ve ordered some test tubes, glitter and beads. Did you put water in with the beads aswell? x

No just beads. So they were like a shaker 😊

The BabySparks app is really good for telling you what they should be doing developmentally every step of the way. It sounds like you’re don’t a great job and referring to that can also help you build on what you’re doing x

I enjoy baby massage with my LG.

Enjoy the chilling and Netflix whilst you can, my LG wants constant attention now, at five months!😂

Tummy time?x

You may also like...