NCT
25,763 members10,402 posts

Girl or boy

We’re not going to find out the sex at our 20 week scan, but was just wondering has anyone done any old wife’s tales just for the fun?

30 Replies
oldestnewest

If your sick a lot it’s a girl so I’ve been told and I was sick a lot with all my 3 girls lol x

1 like

I have only been sick couple of times, but have felt sick every day. I have been told if your sick a lot it’s a boy. Who knows lol

I was was told the same this pregnancy my 3rd has been the hardest sick for 33 weeks I’m now 36 weeks I’m slow labour which yeh is great not lol been over a week now 😢and it’s another girl so I think everyone is different x

I thought it was a boy too but who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wasn’t sick at all and I had a girl x

2 likes

For me sick a lot is a, boy I was sick a lot with my girl but this pregnancy a, boy my sickness was horrendous and I was put off so much food xxx

1 like

Boy for me and my sickness was also horrendous! 😩🤢 xxx

1 like

Gosh I remember. It was awful 😣💝😘

Ive been on anti sickness meds with severe sickness all way Through with my second pregnancy and same with my 3rd currently.ive got all boys. Sickness is related to hormone levels

Been on meds tooo x

All girls more sick this time though so thought it was a boy but been told 85% another girl x

I’m sick 24/7 and having a little

Boy 👶🏻🤦🏻‍♀️X

I’ve got 3 girls and never been sick or nausea just sensitive to smells. I am now pregnant with a boy and not sick at all so I think it’s just an old wives tale.

I could tell by my scan at 12 weeks what my baby was but was still in shock when it was confirmed as the head shape etc . Xx

2 likes

How could you tell at your 12 week scan? I wanna know what we’re having, but also want it too be a surprise x

I was going to have a surprise but thought as it’s my last baby I’d find out as I lost my twins last year so this baby was a blessing either way. The head shape and jaw line was different on my scan to my previous girl scans . Is this your first baby? Xx

Yea it’s our first, I have heard that you can tell from the head and jaw bone. Il try and attach scan photo and you can all tell me what you think 😂😂

Someone told me that we were having a girl by the skull shape and jaw line from the 12 weeks scan photo. Turned out to be a boy 😂😂

1 like

Ok Hun x

As it’s a surprise it’s always nice . I’m still in shock I’m having a baby boy as I’m used to buying girls things lol 😂. Xx

They say heart rate higher then 140 is a girl and lower is a boy. My midwife told me I was having a girl as heart rate was 145 and we had two scans just to be sure before we buy and she defiantly is a girl x

All my boys have always had a heart rate of 140 or more. Lowest my current boy has had is 140 and that was once he was 145 last check up

Isn't it weird how different it is for everyone 😂 x

That's the point really. Old wives tales are just that tales. Only 100 percent way to know if birth and before that scans are most accurate. With all 3 of mine there was no mistaking at 20 weeks they were boys though Every one else had been convinced second was a girl till then.

We was never told what the heart rate was

I know not from my scans debut from appointments where midwife monitors baby's heart rate

My boys heartrate is over 140 xx

1 like

Congrats on your little miracle.

We didn’t find the sex of our little girl until she was born. I wanted to know the sex but hubby wanted to keep it as a surprise and I can’t keep secrets so we didn’t know till the end.

I wanted to have a little girl from the beginning and was very sad every time I found out it could be a boy with the old wives tell, even my midwife said it could be a boy cause the shape of my belly(she did said it was not for certain)

Do you know about the línea negra?! Is the line you have from your pelvis all the way up to your stomach it it said that if it stops at your belly bottom then will be a girl and if it goes up will be a boy. I still have it all the way up a little fainter now but it was definitely WRONG 😂

Another thing that I tried was the Chinese Gender predictor which strangely enough said we will have a girl 😂 I know is 50/50 change.

I also was never sick during my pregnancy and she had a slower heart rate.

So I will recommend that you have fun with it and enjoy every moment when your little angel is born.

😘

2 likes

All my symptoms was girl according to the myths but I have a boy,

There is a group on Facebook called nubs bumps and everything in between you can put your 12 week scan on there and if visible nub they can tell you the sex

1 like

My 1st and 2nd pregnancies I was hardly sick and they were both boys, I’m currently 38wks pregnant with my 3rd and was sick all the way way tho and I’m having another boy x

I’ve had 2 girls and only pregnancy symptom I got was sore boobs no sickness no craving nothing.

Ring on a string if it’s a line it’s a boy circle it’s a girl there’s loads of u good them there’s some quite disgusting ones like it urine and baking soda !

If you have the results from your maternal serum screening (the blood test they do around 12 weeks when they take the nt measurement) if you look at the hcg and Papp-a results. If they’re lower than 1.0 your supposed to have a boy and if they’re higher than 1.0 then you’re supposed to have a girl. If they’re both high and low you’re supposed to use the hcg result as it’s supposed to be more accurate. For example my results were hcg 1.07 and Papp-a 0.7. So hcg would suggest girl but Papp-a would suggest boy. But you go with the hcg result so they suggest I’m having a girl. I have no self-control so I’ll be finding out at 20 weeks if they can see. Mostly because I already have a one year old boy so if I’m having another boy I’ll keep all his stuff to use but if I’m having a girl I’ll sell it to make way for new stuff. Xx

Just to let you know we found out today that I’m having a girl so it seems to be quite accurate so if you really don’t want to know I’d avoid trying this method. After looking online a bit more most others seem to have accurate results using this too. Xx

You may also like...