NCT
30,906 members12,086 posts

when do you start showing

I’m 14+5 1st baby, was just wondering when you start to show a bump? I don’t know if I’ve started to get a bump or if it’s still gas and bloating. It’s hard to tell

13 Replies
oldestnewest

I didn’t properly show until about 20 weeks. I had to get maternity jeans from about 17 weeks but people who didn’t know me wouldn’t of known I was pregnant x

1 like

I’ve been wearing maternity jeans for about 5weeks now, have just ordered more maternity clothes

1 like

Definitely get some maternity leggings. I didn’t get any til a couple of months near the end and I so wish I had got some before xx

1 like

Oh wow ok, il have a look at getting them. Thing is with leggings, some are see through lol. Where did you buy yours from? x

1 like

Yeah I know what you mean. I always try them on and bend over in the mirror to check 😂. I bought mine from matalan although you have to buy online for maternity stuff. I think I bought a size bigger as well just so they wouldn’t be see through xx

1 like

I've bought some leggings from ASOS which are pretty thick.

1 like

Thank you so much, it’s so annoying that you have to buy maternity clothes online, I’ve done an order via new look which I know I have no problems with, Dorothy Perkins won’t accept returns on maternity, which is so annoying. At least il be pregnant through the winter months and big baggy jumpers and legging will do me x

I didn't bother buying maternity clothes just living in leggings and long tops and when unless really warm dresses that stretched over bump. I'm 33 weeks now and haven't actually bought a single item of maternity clothes this time round.

1 like

Snap x

I started off determined not to buy maternity clothes but then had a dilemma when I saw my clothes stretching out of shape and decided I’d rather keep them nice for afterwards! So caved and got a few tops, dresses and 1 pair of jeans. They’re so expensive though, I’d rather spend my money on things for the baby!

I have a lot of dresses and tops that flare out from under my bust as I like a lot of vintage style stuff so most of my dresses I've got away with wearing with leggings without stretching them

1 like

That is good forward planning! Damn my love of bodycon 😩 looking forward to colder weather though, have loads of big baggy jumpers/jumper dresses, was not geared up for summer though! Only got 7 weeks to go, bring on winter!

I've got six and half weeks to go but I'm dying. Overheating all time. Lol

1 like

You may also like...