NCT
26,915 members10,868 posts

Dating scan

Il be 10weeks this weekend and I still haven’t received a date for my dating scan, when did everyone receive there’s? I had my pre booking appointment last week and seeing them again to complete it all 19th but by then I will be 11 weeks

34 Replies
oldestnewest

I got a phone call about a week before x

Oh wow a week before, that’s cutting it fine. Was it at 12 weeks you had it, or later? It’s 1 st pregnancy so all new too me

It was 12+4 days. I think it can be up to 14 weeks if they are busy x

Thank you, I just thought I would of heard by now

You could always ring the hospital and asked to be put through to the right department and it may be that they can book you an appointment on the phone. I think that’s what I did as I wasn’t sure x

Thing is though,I don’t know what hospital, as pre booking was in a different hospital to where you give birth. Think I might phone where I had pre booking and then go from there. x

Is normally 12-13 weeks that your seen Hun. Leave it a week then give the midwife a ring x

Thank you, I thought I would of heard by now, when I spoke to the community midwife about the pre booking complete appointment, she said to phone scanning department, but I haven’t got a number for that

In your folder you should of been given all numbers should be in there. But to be honest it’s not up to you to ring the department that’s down to the midwife to refer you. And I’ve never heard of two booking appointments normally your firsts last 30mins then you don’t go again till after your dating scan x

I had my pre booking appointment, which was bloods, urine, weight, height bmi. When I left community midwife said, will be in touch in the week so you can come in to complete the appointment, suppose it’s to go through the results 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not sure, all new to me. I had the community midwife phone me last week to confirm date for the completion of pre booking. Don’t know if different area do things differently 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ x

Could be different area different ways. I just remember with all 3 of mine it was first pre booking bloods height all the shabang 🤗then book in after 12 weeks for results and due date to be recoreded xx

There's still loads of time, don't worry. I got my date the day before & I was between 13&14 weeks x

Oh wow really, ok maybe I should try not too worry as much x

I booked in at 8w got scan app 10 days before date. I was 12W +3, it can be between 12-14w prob depends how busy they are and when your booking in was I’m sure they said the bloods taken at booking in generate a scan which can be up to 2 weeks. If your getting the downs test etc it has the be before 14w.

Ok maybe, I will get a scan date then, when they get the bloods results. Yea I’m having the downs test, if I haven’t received a letter by weekend, I will phone up and see, just for piece of mind x

I wouldn’t worry it’ll come soon.

They usually don’t give you an appointment until your 12 weeks or more pregnant

Oh wow, really?

not true most areas try to send you a scan date for as close to your estimated 12 week date as possible. I had to ring the medical imaging department at the hospital i chose to give birth at to chase my apppintment up as it turned out the letter had gone missing in the post. If you dont know the right number you should have a midwife number in your notes to ring if you have any concerns ring your midwife anf they can chase it up

So an update, I have just received my 12 week scan date, only to find out, I haven’t got my closest hospital that I have chosen. Instead have put in a hospital that is 45minutes away rather than my closest which is 15minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?????

I just had my dating scan at 13wks4days.

They told me about 2 weeks beforehand.

Xxx

I’m 10 weeks today and have got 3 weeks till mine, but it’s not at my closest and chosen hospital. I want it at my chosen hospital, I’m hoping they can change it, if not I hope my other appointments won’t be there and when I go to give birth. I want to go to my chosen 1, why have they done this to me, i don’t need this stress

Can you ask to change it now? It shouldn't be a big deal if you explain how it is causing you stress.

I felt much better going to have my scan and seeing the department and hospital I will be giving birth in.

Just explain to them and get it changed.

Xxx

1 like

Yea that’s what I’m going to try and do Monday morning when the lines are open. It just makes sense to put me at the chosen and closest hospital surely?? I understand they may be full, but should of put that in letter explaining

1 like

They can always fit you in - you are better to be in your chosen hospital as you say.

Hope they can change it easily for you on Monday 😘

1 like

I just hope they have booked me in there due to being busy x

1 like

I easily changed my appointment dates and brought mine forward last week - so I hope you can do the same and change hospital xxx

That’s brilliant, where we live every hospital is bad super busy, if you go a&e could be waiting 20hours. x

1 like

Oh - well fingers crossed for you. Xxx

On the 12 week scan, is that where you see baby for 1st time?? I’m having the tests for downs aswell

I saw the baby at 7 wks and 11 wks! I paid for private scans. But this was my first NHS one - the Nuchal scan to check abnormalities and for downs too.

Xxx

Oh right I see, it says it’s for nuchal dating scan, so I assume that’s the testing for downs and scan, where we see our baby

1 like

Yes it is great! 😀

1 like

Update, I have got an appointment for my closest hospital, yay. Now just don’t know how to tell parents. Me and husband are only 1s that know, want to tell them together, but will be difficult with work etc.

You may also like...