Is it possible to lie about your dates by 3 weeks??!! ... - NCT

NCT

44,565 members15,145 posts

Is it possible to lie about your dates by 3 weeks??!! Help!!

Imo93
Imo93

I'm about three weeks out of getting maternity pay!! I'm 22 weeks currently and I will be getting my Matb1 form from my GP as I don't see my midwife untill 28 weeks, from other people's experience the GP just asks them what there due date is and puts it on the form! We will struggle big time if I don't receive any maternity pay I will have to return to work after 2 months and I plan to breastfeed so it's not going to be possible otherwise. The pay is stressing me out so much that I'm thinking about moving my EDD by 3 weeks!? Help any advice ? Anyone been through similar ?

4 Replies

No it’s not possible to lie Hun x you start your maternity from 29weeks and after . You can work up until around a week if possible anyway. I couldn’t t as I’ve a very active job as have spd so have to go in early then wanted 29 weeks but also took a holiday the week before which is full Pays you also when on maternity build up your holiday entitledment up to depending on what your entitled to . I get 28 days a year so taken that the week I’m due back so getting 9 month maternity basic maternity pay the 14 holiday pay full. Hope that helps. You by law are entitled to 1 year off 9 month paid x

Hello,

How do you know you’ll be three weeks out? I am wondering about this. I just found out I’m pregnant and start a new job in September. I don’t know how to work out if I’ll be entitled to maternity pay!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks x

Kt19
Kt19 in reply to Clalalala123

This all depends on the employer and how long you would of been working for them before. Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)

To qualify for SMP you must:

earn on average at least £116 a week

give the correct notice

give proof you’re pregnant

have worked for your employer continuously for at least 26 weeks continuing into the ‘qualifying week’ - the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth

Hope that helps xx

Kt19
Kt19 in reply to Kt19

If you’re not eligible for SMP

Your employer must give you form SMP1 explaining why you can’t get SMP within 7 days of making their decision. You may be eligible for Maternity Allowance instead.

You may also like...