NCT
26,326 members10,610 posts

Could I be pregnant again????

Hi Ladies,

Just after some advice please.

I unfortunately miscarried last month, it would have been very early I think I was only 4/5weeks. Gp confirmed the miscarriage which was obviously very upsetting for hubby and I as we have been ttc for around 5 months and the heartbreak every month is so overwhelming.

I track all of my periods using the Flo app.

At the moment it is telling me I am 3 days late for my period, hubby and I did start trying a few days after I stopped bleeding but I don’t know if the bleeding I logged has been mistaken for my period, is it possible to be pregnant so soon after a miscarriage and would my body need time to recover from the miscarriage?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Cami x

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Hun , I read your thread and didn’t want to read and not respond!

I’m sorry for your loss last month and it’s hard and upsetting, I had a missed miscarriage last year. It is possible to be pregnant again as your most fertile after a miscarriage! Have you done a test yet ? Xx

I haven’t, purely just because I know I’ll be sad if it says no again, but the not knowing is killing me. I’m thinking of going to buy a test tonight.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience.

& thank you so much for replying.

1 like

Aw hun just buy a test and do it in the morning but if it’s negative wait til you’re 7 days late and then redo another test I wish you the very best ! Xx

1 like

Hi you could be pregnant or it could be your period is abit messed up after mc I think that’s why they say wait til your next period before trying also they know your dates.

1 like

Miscarriages send your cycle a little haywire - I had a 65-70 days cycle afterwards and a friend of mine has had anovulatory cycles with really heavy bleeding for a few months after hers - it affects people differently so fingers crossed you are pregnant! But if not then don’t lose heart, your body will get back on track soon enough.

1 like

Thank you all so much for your replies. I couldn’t wait until the morning so I’ve just done a clear blue test and it says I’m 2-3 weeks pregnant!!! I can’t believe it. I’m so excited but now my anxiety is through the roof. I don’t want the same thing to happen again!!! Omg Omg ♥️♥️

2 likes

Congratulations my lovely 😊 so happy for you x it’s a nervous time I’m pregnant now after my twin miscarriage babe so I know the anxiety can be through the roof ! I wish you all the best xx 😘

Oh congrats to you too. That’s Amazing news ♥️ How far along are you?x

1 like

I am nearly at the end of my first trimester but scan at the end of the month because they’re back logged so will find my dates out properly then ! I’m showing though so I don’t know if there’s one or two lol !!

Thank you for the congratulations Hunni and I hope all goes well , I would book docs for next week to confirm everything xx

Omg imagine twins!! That’s crazy. 😁😁 I will defo get booked in to the Dr’s and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Keep us updated when you know what you’re having :) x

1 like

My scan is the 29th so I will know if there’s one or two lol 😂!! Thank you Hunni and I wish you the very best too. Will. Keep you updated and you do too xx

1 like

2-3 weeks on a clear blue digital is 4-5 weeks at traditional dating, when was your miscarriage? I don’t want to sound negative or nasty but I was still showing positive on pregnancy tests 4 weeks after because it takes a while for the hormones to leave the body - I’d hate for you to get excited just to find out that actually it’s still hormones from the previous pregnancy - just keep that in mind, let your doc know and see if they can do a scan to double check it’s a new one. Keeping everything crossed for you!!

1 like

Mehhhh!!!

Well my MC bleeding started on the 18th May this year and stopped around the 24th.

I did do a few (possibly 4 tests) days after then and they went from a faint line to nothing at all.

& then the recent clear blue I’ve taken is positive so I’m hoping it is pregnancy as it kind of went from a no- confirming the MC to now a yes.. ugh. Gona get booked into the doctors anyway just to be sure. -Fingers crossed-

1 like

Ah brilliant! If you’ve had a negative then it must be a new pregnancy! Our bodies are amazing they just know what to do - will keep everything crossed all goes well, keep us informed!!

2 likes

It's possible I fell pregnant without having a period after a miscarriage my son is now 16 month old

1 like

Eeeek. This gives me hope ♥️

1 like

Yes dear Gomez it's very likely that you be pregnant again.I went through a miscarriage on 14th of this April and on 14th May I was pregnant again.Now I am 8 weeks and this baby is doing fine so far after two recurrent miscarriages.

2 likes

Oh congratulations. This makes me happy to hear and I hope it will be the same for me ☺️

2 likes

Dear Gomez any update ? Did you go to doctor and got a scan done ? Is everything going well?

Hey. So I called my doctors who said that if the test said 2-3 that I was probably around 4-5 weeks. So I’m booked in for the 20th July for my first midwife appointment.

My anxiety is through the roof and I’ve been taking a test once a week because I’m scared of the baby not being there anymore 😢Should I stop doing that do you think? It’s just so hard to relax!!

Congratulations hun! I would stop doing it if I was you. We lost 2 babies and now have a beautiful 3 month old rainbow boy. I was constantly paranoid and any symptom I hadn't had before I panicked because I thought it was bad. Then at 14 weeks my symptoms stopped which made my anxiety worse. I couldn't enjoy my pregnancy due to worrying. I relaxed more around 30 weeks but he came 8 weeks later.

My point is, try to keep thinking positive! I had a nice pregnancy minus SPD but I couldn't enjoy it much because I was forever worrying and now wish I'd just tried to relax.

Congratulations! Keep us updated! I'm sure everything will be fine! Xx

1 like

Don't worry lovely Mrs Gomez , this time everything will be perfectly fine for you 😍😍😍 keep me updated.At 5weeks 4 days I had an irregular gestational sac and I was told that this pregnancy may also end.Then at week 6 plus 5 days there was a regular gestational sac but with only a yolk sac and no embryo. Then at week 7 and 2 days there was embryo with a heartbeat 😊 .I was regularly monitored every week because of two previous recurrent miscarriages.Now I am 9 weeks pregnant.😊 thus I have faith for you too will be everything perfect this time.

2 likes

It’s such a worrying time isn’t it. Oh bless you and congratulations 😁♥️

Aw Hunni I was the same after my missed miscarriage of twins in August and now I’m expecting again! I tested after I found out I was pregnant for the next 4 weeks but then decided I needed to stop as it was making my anxiety worse. I have my scan next Friday and I’m consultant led until they are satisfied with my pregnancy and baby. I also didn’t get to choose my hospital but to be honest as long as my rainbow 🌈 baby stays with me I’m not fussed where I go. Just keep having faith and don’t over do anything but keep yourself busy to help your mind xx

2 likes

So you stopped taking the tests? I know I should cause it’s really just not helping. I just want to be happy and enjoy my pregnancy!x Thanks for your kind words x

2 likes

That’s ok my lovely 😊, I know it’s easier said than done as it supposed to be really exciting but you can’t help but worry. I’ve been trying to be happy and stay positive but i always over think things . Your not alone the way you feel or with doing the tests a lot of us women on here have done so . Just enjoy each day and rest when you can and take care of yourself.

Always here for a chat xx

1 like

Firstly I wanted to say congratulations! Pregnancy after loss is really scary, the anxiety is very difficult. I had a miscarriage back in November. I was quite poorly and bled for 6 weeks. My husband and I were lucky enough to fall pregnant just 2 weeks after my bleeding finished (before my period arrived) and I am now 25 weeks pregnant.

Just wanted to say I know how you feel, and it can be a really stressful, worrying time. Just try to take a day at a time, and look after yourself. I don't know if you have Facebook at all, but the Miscarriage Association have a really good private group on there called 'The Miscarriage Association - Pregnancy After Loss'. There are lots of ladies on there all going though the same thing, and I find it useful to be able to share my worries and thoughts with people in the same boat. The Miscarriage Association also have a few leaflets on pregnancy after loss on their website.

The very best wishes to you, Amy xx

4 likes

You may also like...