Doctors pregnancy test: i have taken a number of... - NCT

NCT
32,503 members12,368 posts

Doctors pregnancy test

i have taken a number of pregnancy tests which gave 2 positives and the rest negatives... so the doctor is sending a sample of my urine off to be tested at the lab and I get results on Tuesday, can anyone tell me if this test is a 100% accurate please?

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Hun it depends on how late your period is and when you took test as if you took tests first urine in the morning that’s more accurate than throughout the day plus on some tests you have to be a few days to a week late before they show accurate results plus some can pick up early results and some don’t depending on brand and the mil of hcg!

Hope this makes sense x

It does makes sense, thank you! But I haven’t had a period for over a year 😫 that was originally why I went to the doctors but thought I’d take a test before hand - some positive and some negative so my doctor said she’ll send a sample to the lab. Just wasn’t sure if their tests were any more accurate than the usual at home tests. X

1 like

Yes it’s best they do send it off didn’t they take bloods ?

Have you been on contraception or have you been suffering with your cycles ? Xx

No she didn’t take any blood tests. I used to have the implant for 3 years and probably only had about 5 periods when I had that in... got it removed in September but my periods still haven’t returned. If the test from the lab comes back negative then I have to go back to see my doctor to see what they can do x

Yes well if that doesn’t come back with any diagnosis then they will probably do bloods for you as it’s a long time to not have a cycle I know these implants and pills can mess with our hormones and the balance but hopefully by Tuesday you know something xx

Fingers crossed! This wait is killing me! 😂 thanks for replying xx

1 like

That’s ok my lovely 😊 I hope you get the results you want and you get some answers! Fingers crossed ! Let me know how you go and if you want a chat ! We’ve all been there when we have to anxiously await x

1 like

Was a false positive... doctors test was negative 😢 obviously wasn’t meant to be! Have to go back to figure out what’s going on! X

Have you requested bloods Hunni ? I am sorry to hear this ! Xx

No but I might do that on my next appointment. Decided to book a last minute holiday to chill us out a bit so hopefully get some answers when back home. Thanks for listening xx

That’s ok my lovely, that’s what we’re here for !! Hopefully a relaxing holiday will help some tome away but I would check your bloods when your back or even another test. Have a nice break xx

1 like

Just relax it will come positive by the grace of God

Fingers crossed 🤞🏽

You may also like...